2019 Trainer Tower Circuit TO Applications

Discussion in '2019 Trainer Tower Circuit' started by AverageJoe, Jun 7, 2019.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    Administrator
    Administrator

Heya!

To run the Trainer Tower Circuit, and any tournaments we run, of course, need we dedicated TOs from all around the world to be able to run events in every timezone. Here you'll be able to submit an application to be a Trainer Tower Circuit / Tournament TO. A few things to note are below:

Your Role
    • TOs will only be required to run events in their timezone, or, in an emergency, a time that is still appropriate for the TOs timezone.
    • Commitment to both the tournament and the players. This includes transparency and making decisions for the benefit of all parties.
    Extra Notes
    • TOs CAN play in the tournaments. However, being a TO must come first and playing in a tournament you are the TO for is not allowed.
    • Communication between TOs will be made through Discord.
    • Committed TOs who do not plan on playing in the Trainer Tower Open will be managing the Trainer Tower Open's Flights. We hope to have Europe, North America, Latin American and Asia Pacific TOs as Flight managers.
    Application
    The application requires you to answer a few basic questions which are listed below. If you do not have any experience as a TO but are committed, please still fill out an application!
    Thank you to all applicants! You will be contacted on the Trainer Tower forums if successful

2. NightLight

NightLight Member

What experience do you have as a TO?:
    I was TO for the 2018 Trainer Tower Circuit. I was also a flight leader for the 2018 TT open.

Why do you want to be a TO?:
    I want to be a TO to help Trainer Tower even further; hosting tournaments was fun for me and it's a good step back from competing.

Why should we consider you as a TO?:
    You should consider me because I have the experience needed to run these tournaments, and I'm not competing! All my focus is on TT and it's work. I'm also pretty cool for being 17!

What area are you in(North America, Europe, Latin American and Asia Pacific )?
    North America, West Coast.

Mr.GX likes this.
  3. AldrichYan

AldrichYan New Member

Hello, My name is Aldrich and I would like to apply to be a TO for Trainer Tower!
    What experience do you have as a TO?:
    I hosted a Tournament in battlefy called Aldrich Open ( https://battlefy.com/aldrich/aldrich-open/5c863efc0fc23a034e63491f/info?infoTab=details) . My IRL job is also related to organizing tournaments this is the example of the tournament which is about FIFA Qualifier (https://battlefy.com/indonesia-gami...5cbc29706d3956035bbd429c/info?infoTab=details).

Why do you want to be a TO?:
    I want to host tournaments and make Indonesian players join an "official" tournament since Indonesia doesnt have an official circuit by TPCI with a good time zone for the asian players online. Most of the tournament I joined was way past bed time (like 3 pm GMT +7) it was A Circuit called Mt.Silver. I think with the brand "Trainer Tower", it would attract some players to join the tournament since it is a well known community.

Why should we consider you as a TO?:
    My IRL Job is also being a TO of an organization called Indonesia Gaming League. So I have experience in organizing a tournament. I would love to be a part of Trainer Tower so that I can help contribute to the community.

What area are you in(North America, Europe, Latin American and Asia Pacific )?
    Asia, Indonesia (GMT +7)

4. EmbC

EmbC Well-Known Member NPA 6 Champion

What experience do you have as a TO?: I've hosted a few small tournaments throughout the years and was a TO on Smogon during the Smogon Doubles Tour.

Why do you want to be a TO?: I want to help this community develop as much as I can.

Why should we consider you as a TO?: I have a lot of experience from all the tournaments I've played and organized, as well as the ability to advertise the tournaments to a very large portion of the VGC community.

What area are you in (North America, Europe, Latin American and Asia Pacific)?: Europe (GMT+1)