Attack Survival Calculator — Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Tools and Resources' started by Stats, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Stats

Stats New Member

If you run into any problems or believe you've found a bug in the SurvivalCalc, feel free to post them here or send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)

2. Carbonific

Carbonific New Member

When finding the "Best EVs" for Jolly Gyarados with 132 remaining EVs that survives -1 Adamant Arcanine's Wild Charge, Survival Calc printed out 20 HP / 108 Def (Screenshot). Since it's also possible to survive the attack with 52 HP / 76 Def, which is objectively bulkier on the special side, I believe this is a bug.

-1 252+ Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 20 HP / 108 Def Gyarados: 144-172 (83.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    -1 252+ Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 52 HP / 76 Def Gyarados: 148-176 (83.6 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: Thick Club also appears to not have any effect on Alolan Marowak.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. DaWoblefet

DaWoblefet
    Moderator NPA 7 Champion NPA 6 Champion

Seaco alerted me to a bug that causes Survival Calc to hang with the Best EVs function. When attempting to calculate an Arcanine's Extreme Speed versus Nihilego (he wanted to EV it so Sub wouldn't break), Survival Calc would hang and freeze the tab, eventually prompting Chrome to kill the tab (his screenshots). Similar lag can be experienced with Arcanine's Flare Blitz, though Flare Blitz seems only temporary.

Also posting as a reminder to default remove the spread move modifier when going from spread move -> Z-move.

4. JediR

JediR Member

I had a similar issue with the Comparative Attack feature, when calcing against Kanga, but assumed it was just my bad computer

5. Stats

Stats New Member

Will take a look at these soon. Thanks guys!

JediR likes this.
  6. DaWoblefet

DaWoblefet
    Moderator NPA 7 Champion NPA 6 Champion

Tough Claws modifier appears to be wrong. This user reported that he got the wrong EVs when surviving an attack from Mega Metagross as a result. I took off Tough Claws and gave it Life Orb, which gave the correct result (Showdown and TT damage calculators are using 0x14CD/0x1000 while Life Orb is 0x14CC, but it should be similar enough).

EDIT: Terrains also don't seem to be working properly. Not sure what's up with this one, since I remember them working fine before. For example, in EVing Suicune against Wood Hammer, Survival Calc seems to be ignoring Grassy Terrain altogether.
    [​IMG]
    Without Grassy Terrain: 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 156 HP / 244 Def Suicune: 164-194 (84.1 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    With Grassy Terrain: 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 156 HP / 244 Def Suicune in Grassy Terrain: 246-290 (126.1 - 148.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

7. Strifept

Strifept New Member

When calcing a survival with my mimikyu vs a adamant 252 bulu wood hammer in terrain at -1, it said i survived 100% of the times, but that's clearly wrong, when i check that on the damage calc, it clearly shows it's a one shot 50% of the times. I don't think it's calculating grassy terrain boosts as it should.

Edit: Confirmed, it is not taking grassy terrain boosts into account.

8. Extreme

Extreme New Member

Zapdos`s hidden ability is static instead of lightningrod

9. Strifept

Strifept New Member

Not quite a bug, more like a request, but there's currently no Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma on the calculator, and something tells me we're gonna need it for 2019 as of today's announcement. Any chance you can add them?