BSD Rescouces anyone?

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Useless Crit FTW, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Useless Crit FTW

Useless Crit FTW New Member

As it appears that we will most likely be using a slightly modified version of BSD for VGC 2018 I am currently trying to practice BSD on Showdown and want to figure out how to improve my game. However there is currently a lack of resources that I could find about the format itself and what potential sets I could use for my pokemon. All I currently have is this image created by @fallingmindz on Twitter:
    [​IMG]
    (Note: due to doing this on my phone I have absolutely no idea how the image will turn out so if you see nothing then that is understandable)

And although it is a good resource for team composition, only having a third of what is necessary to be a competitive pokemon player that is kind of a bummer. So if anyone has any other resources that I can freely use can you please post them in the comments.

2. Nihal

Nihal Well-Known Member

3. JediR

JediR Member

It's not much, but I made this pastebin of all the 2000+ BSD teams (as of mid June I think) that have reports from Emolgame: https://pastebin.com/tBjcXDVY

4. Wult

Wult Member

Honestly I'm fairly excited for what the 2018 season has to bring. I'm curious as to what USUM will hold (maybe we will have move tutors?!) and if the past holds true, it will be national dex (BS Doubles) format. I'm excited for the return of my favorite Ice type mammoth to get him back on the field.

JediR likes this.
  5. CowFan

CowFan New Member

Move tutors are almost guaranteed. Although obviously Game Freak love breaking conventions every generation, so far every generation has skipped tutors (other than Starter signatures, DM etc.) in the first game of the generation, and re-introduced them in the second.

The main uncertainties I see are:
    a) Will USUM have significant legendaries like Landorus, Heatran and Cresselia, and if not, will we be able to use transferred Pokémon?
    b) Will Megas be allowed?

Keep in mind that XY's Battle Spot Doubles allowed transferred Pokémon, unlike VGC 2015, so what BSD does isn't necessarily exactly what WCS rules will be.