Can it work or am I wasting my time?

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Torrin, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Torrin

Torrin New Member

Hi, am a new player and mostly play the TGC. Do to some heath problems I have am unable to play this year. So a switched to VGC so I can still get my pokemon fix well am laid up.So I hope you well forgive for my noob-ish . Now on to the point! For the last few months I have been play test with a core and, its been throwing me for a loop. The core consist of Pheromosa, Tapu Lele and, Sharpedo. The fourth is normal a fire type ( Marowak-Alola or Talonflame.) SO this is my problem... I can't figure out if is good or if am wasting my time. Some days I'll rake up high win streak ( 10 to 15 wins and a row). Then lose non-stop. So mostly want to to know if its my own incapability or its time to make a change.Any ones toughs on my problem would be obliged and thank you hand of time.

2. Nazara

Nazara Member

Take out the Sharpedo and add defensive pivots for the Lele/Phero core. I also suggest you do add means of Speed Control and/or a plan to counteract Trick Room teams which would otherwise will run through your team with ease. Pheromosa, being the offensive beast it is, can OHKO P2 when running All Out Pummeling, so keep that in mind. Other than that, find what it is specifically that you often lose to and take note of that so that you may later improve your team against that as well being able to counteract that scenario as a player.

3. Pyritie

Pyritie Member

If you're new to VGC, it's often recommended to grab a team from someone else that is known to be good, then go on showdown or battle spot and practice with it. You'll quickly learn which pokemon are good and which aren't, what sets each commonly runs, and how they work together in a team.

Making your own teams takes a lot of knowledge and experience, especially this year when there's no centralised threat to build your team around, like you could with megas or ubers in previous years.

Try one of these threads for sample teams:
    http://trainertower.com/forums/threads/sample-teams.43/
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/vgc-17-sample-teams.3590391/