Combee Cup! Introduction.

Discussion in 'Online Tournaments' started by Zelda, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Zelda

Zelda miho miho mii VGC 2017 World Runner-Up

Hi everyone, welcome to the very first edition of the Trainer Tower Combee Cup!

REGISTER HERE

This is a team tournament where you will have 3 members per team, and you will go head to head with other teams in an extended best of three setting. This means each member of the team will conduct a single best of one battle against their opponent, and the first team to win two battles advances. It will begin August 28th, a week after the World Championships conclude.

This tournament is very similar to the old Nugget Bridge Dodrio Cup, however with some extras such as a prizepool with real money pertaining to it.

Rules:
    • This will be using standard VGC'17 rules.
    • There will be no timer. This is a week by week event.
    • TEAM SPECIES CLAUSE: All team members must be using different Pokemon. If a team is found to be using the same Pokemon between two or more players, that team will receive an automatic loss for the round.
    Example of an illegitimate team:
    • Wolfey is using Tapu Bulu, Garchomp, Whimsicott, Kartana, Pheromosa, Gyarados
    • Cybertron is using Arcanine, Snorlax, Metagross, Tapu Fini, Xurkitree, Muk
    • Markus is using Smeargle, Tapu Bulu, Salamence, Drifblim, Tapu Lele, Braviary

Since Wolfey and Markus are both using Tapu Bulu, it means this team is illegitimate.
    Example of a legitimate team:
    • Wolfey is using Tapu Bulu, Garchomp, Whimsicott, Kartana, Pheromosa, Gyarados
    • Cybertron is using Arcanine, Snorlax, Metagross, Tapu Fini, Xurkitree, Muk
    • Markus is using Smeargle, Tapu Koko, Salamence, Drifblim, Tapu Lele, Braviary

As all the Pokemon are different, this team is legitimate.
    • For convenience and spectator sake, all battles are to happen on Pokemon Showdown. Since replays are an integral part of this tournament, I will not be allowing people to play on cartridge. For the semifinal or finals, I may make an exception to this rule if the remaining teams would like to stream the rounds.
    ~MOST IMPORTANT RULE:

Each team is to elect a captain. The team captain is the ONLY person who will be registering on Battlefy for their team. The entry fee is $15, ideally you will split this between your team-members ($5 each) but it is between you and your team how the captain will receive the money. The Battlefy form will only be accepting the full payment for an entire team, which is $15 + battlefy fees.

Please do not register until you have a complete team of 3 players. There will be no refunds for incomplete/inappropriate/false entries. If the staff find your entry suspicious and question the legitimacy of the players, (e.g. one player signing up on a team with two fake team-members who are really the same person) we reserve the right to disqualify you from the tournament with no refunds.

Tournament & Prizing Format:

1st: 80% of prizepool
    2nd: 20% of prizepool

The bracket will be double elimination! Meaning if you lose once, you will move to the losers bracket and still have a chance to win the tournament. If you are eliminated from the losers bracket, you are eliminated from the tournament.

Feel free to contact my Twitter: @zeldavgc to ask me any questions, or to simply ask a question here.

This post may be updated with additional things I add occasionally.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Pyreon, NightLight, Unreality and 2 others like this.