Damage Calculator - Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Tools and Resources' started by squirrelboyVGC, Jan 31, 2017.

1. MrOrzKid

MrOrzKid New Member

I just wanted to ask if this is a bug or not.

According to your damage calc, for instance Zard Y vs Kingdra in rain, even though Scald is a base 80 move and Surf is a base 90 move, why does Scald do more damage than Surf in the rain? I can't seem to understand this...

Thanks

2. MrOrzKid

MrOrzKid New Member

It's fine, I realised because doubles was ticked and not singles

3. ModernGamer

ModernGamer Member

Updated sets for the mega Pokemon are reset back to their respective 2017 sets when Custom Sets are uploaded.

*Note: This only changes the mega sets, not primal/other forms

-Happens regardless of cookie/cache settings & deleting them
    -Happens on IE/FireFox/Chrome
    -Happens regardless of computer (tested on 2x desktop 1x lapop)
    -The Custom Set being uploaded doesn't matter
    *Mega/Non-Mega
    *The specific Pokemon
    *# of Moves, Item, IVs, etc

4. Rakom

Rakom New Member

Shadow Shield and Prism Armor are currently ignored by Mold Breaker, Teravolt, Turboblaze, Moongeist Beam, and Sunsteel Strike. I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread but it's still wrong in the calc and I get tired of explaining the interaction to people :p

Jorijn and DaWoblefet like this.
  5. ck49

ck49 Member

Paralysis doesn't affect the base power of gyro ball at the moment

DaWoblefet likes this.
  6. SilverWingLugia

SilverWingLugia New Member

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko in Psychic Terrain: 145-172 (100 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    It's the result of the calculator. But my lele didn't ohko my opponent's koko during a battle. I have confirmed with him that his koko had just 4 SpD EVs and no HP EVs. This is the video of the battle.
    ZZYG-WWWW-WWWL-R6TK
    [​IMG]
    This is my lele.

[​IMG]
    And this is my opponent's koko.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  7. Star Raikou

Star Raikou Member NPA 7 Champion

Neuroforce does not work in the damage calculator. I would have to input Parental Bond as the ability instead if I wanted the 1.25x damage multiplier.

8. SparlingAria

SparlingAria New Member

Not a big deal or anything, but can you add a default set for Lycanroc Dusk?

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
    Ability: Tough Claws
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Accelerock
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Fang
    - Iron Head

Something like that?

9. SparlingAria

SparlingAria New Member

Also i realise this would be a difficult move to add... but i use zygarde in OU and the move Thousand Arrows isn't there. Given the moves effects i'd understand if you don't want to go to the trouble. For now i'll use my 90 base power earthquake in the calc XD

10. SparlingAria

SparlingAria New Member

Outrage is also cool on this set

11. ck49

ck49 Member

You can add your own custom sets to the calc locally. Scroll down to the bottom under the Evoboost button, paste that in, change the name, and hit save. Then whenever you drop down for Lycanroc it should be an option.

12. Wyrms Eye

Wyrms Eye Member

So I'm doing some calcs in the builder and I'm looking for the 50% pinch berries. I notice that only one is actually coded in (Figy) which is fine but this is the result I get:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Stomping Tantrum vs. 244 HP / 100 Def Politoed: 68-80 (34.6 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Figy Berry recovery

Now, I would assume that this is not a guaranteed 3HKO because two high rolls for instance would mean Politoed would be within range of activating the Berry, putting its health into a range where it now becomes a 4HKO in total. Is there any chance this is an error in the calc or the berry mechanics not working as intended?

13. Cleffy

Cleffy Member

The TrainerTower Damage Calculator is calculating Strong Winds incorrectly. I think it's programmed with Strong Winds as a Weather Modifier as opposed to a type modifier. This makes it difficult to optimize damage calculations when Mega Rayquaza is on the field and becomes particularly pronounced across multiple hits.

Example from the Pokémon Showdown Calculator:
    - 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega in Strong Winds: 180-220 (99.4 - 121.5%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO

Comparative Damage Calculation from TrainerTower Damage Calculation:
    - 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 140-200 (77.3 - 110.4%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO

This was mentioned on NuggetBridge before but I thought I'd add it here as a sort of PSA for people theorying VGC19 Ultra Series damage calculations, since it's become a more relevant mechanic again.

14. duckpond

duckpond New Member

Would it be possible to add the Geomancy button? The Eevoboost one works for special calcs but when you throw in physical one you got to do it manually.

15. Mijzelffan

Mijzelffan New Member

The damage-calc doesn't recognise the moves thousand arrows and thousand waves

16. Jorijn

Jorijn Member

This bug may require some research, but the fix might be copied from the Showdown calculator.

The TT damage calculator (and the Android app, probably the IOS app too) are incorrectly using damage multipliers like Shadow Shield, Friend Guard and Light Screen. I think it could be all multipliers that are in "other".
    https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Damage#Damage_calculation

It is possible for the damage calculator to say an attack does 0 damage, if the multiplier is big enough (not sure of the specifics).
    0 SpA Bronzor Confusion vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Shadow Shield Lunala: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

I did a test in game, with a lvl 1 bronzor confusion against a lvl 100 lunala, it dealt 1 damage, while the calculator says it always does 0. I can provide a recording if neccesairly.

The Showdown Calculator gives 1 damage all the time for the same calc.
    0 SpA Bronzor Confusion vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Shadow Shield Lunala: 1-1 (0.2 - 0.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever

I assume it might be something that is a leftover from a 'bug' in gen 5.
    https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Damage
    In Generation V, a move may deal 0 HP damage when other is less than 1, because the routine to prevent 0 HP damage is erroneously performed before applying the other factor.

17. DaWoblefet

DaWoblefet
    Moderator NPA 7 Champion NPA 6 Champion

The bug here is that the 1 damage check occurs post-final modifiers in Gen 6+, rather than pre-final modifiers as in Gen 5.

Jorijn likes this.
  18. ReaperJoker

ReaperJoker Member

The moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are missing

19. Bright Size

Bright Size New Member

So this isn't really a bug but the default Amoonguss set is 236HP/76Def/180SpD Sassy, which is missing 16 SpD EVs. Is it possible for someone to re-add them into the default set?
    I believe the common spread that people are using is 236HP/76Def/196SpD. I can't remember who made it.

20. JediR

JediR Member

no idea what the issue here is, for some reason Mega Charizard Y's name (and nothing else) appears only as the previous pokemon selected (in this screenshot, charizard x. also happened with Abomasnow) in the calc message
    Capture.PNG