Events in Australia

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by tigertomd, Jan 27, 2017.

1. tigertomd

tigertomd New Member

Hi guys.
    This is my first year playing VGC competitively, having recently gotten back into Pokemon around 12 months ago. I want to start going to events though, and participating more than just playing on the Battle Spot and Showdown. However, I'm struggling to find out about events in Australia (other than the Melbourne International in March, which I plan on going to). Is there anywhere I can find a list of upcoming events (such as regionals) in Australia?

Also sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

2. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

If you're an Australian you need to be in the Pokemon FaceBook group PokeAus. We post a lot of events there. If you're looking for live events, Pokemon.com 'Attend events' can be used to search. Currently we don't have any events scheduled outside of a PC in Box Hill (Melbourne) and one in QLD later in Feb. Due to our lack of events we have a community run EXP Circuit, of which is run through PokeAus and sign up will be found as the pinned post. That's about all for Australian events, but PokeAus is where you gotta be so you know when they pop up

tigertomd, BreederBen and Nihal like this.
  3. BreederBen

BreederBen Member

I really suggest joining the EXP circuit like @Bargens mentioned It had its first round tonight and everyone and including myself enjoyed it very much! It also is great experience as a newcomer and the community is fantastic!

Zelda, FloristtheBudew and Bargens like this.
  4. FloristtheBudew

FloristtheBudew Member

We should add with the PokeAus events going about. The major prize pool is over $500 so there is a big incentive to participate!

BreederBen likes this.
  5. tigertomd

tigertomd New Member

Thanks for the help guys. I'm definitely checking out the EXP circuit. How do I sign up though? It wasn't really clear on how to do it

6. Nihal

Nihal Well-Known Member

Bargens likes this.