FAST FOOD TIER LIST

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Werford, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Werford

Werford Member

Since this is supposed to be the place for nuanced discussion to take place, rather than twitter, here's a poochpost inspired by the latest twitter argument of whether or not Steak and Shake is actually good.

Keep in mind that an S tier in Fast Food is like a D tier in actual food. Also not counting places like Applebee's/IHOP/etc. which are more or less fast food but you feel like an actual restaurant when you go in.

S TIER
    Chik-Fil-A, Five Guys, Fuddruckers
    A TIER
    Steak and Shake, White Castle, In-N-Out, Zaxby's, Checkers, Panera, Smashburger
    B TIER
    Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Nathan's, Dominoes, Chipotle
    C TIER
    Wendy's, Arby's, Pizza Hut
    D TIER
    McDonalds, Sonic, Roy Rogers, Papa John's, Little Caesar's, Cici's, Moe's, Cook Out

Want to sort but don't have the relevant information: Carl Jr's/Hardee's.

If I missed anything else, let me know and I will sort it in the appropriate place. All of the things that have been sorted are in the correct place.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  2. Simon

Simon New Member

I would just put Chil-Fil-A, In n Out and Wendy's in half decent/edible and just pretend the other don't exist.

3. Nazara

Nazara Member

You forgot this magical place called Pizza Hut which falls in S-tier of both Fast Food (when buying the personal Pan Pizzas on those KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut express establishments) and Regular food. Truly a magical place.
    *Also, BK over Wendy's? Excuse me, what?!

4. Werford

Werford Member

Wendy's is that option that always seems like it's going to be good but 5 minutes after you're done you realize what a huge mistake it was to go there. Also their fries are garbage.

Didn't rank the fast food pizza places originally. Being from New York I'm going to have a heavy bias against all fast food pizza places but of those Dominoes is the least offensive. I'd actually order from one if I was in a flyover state or somewhere else with bad pizza.

5. Nazara

Nazara Member

I actually despise Dominoes with their greesy ass pizza, but I have to agree, actual pizza restaurants are extremely superior to chain brand pizza 9/10 times.

6. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

domino's is the only decent fast food pizza but basically u only want to get like, cheese, bc the best part of domino's pizza is the crust and the worst is the toppings. im not even a cheese pizza guy usually but thats the best way to do domino's. papa john's is inedible and pizza hut, while at least edible, isn't very fast.

i'd advocate for checker's moving up to A or even S, they are truly the exemplar of fast food burgers, you can actually tell all the ingredients apart and they look like what they should actually look like, it all tastes good, is pleasantly warm, the service is as fast as you can get and overall checker's is a fantastic package.

7. Temple

Temple Member

Hardee's is a good burger place. It's reasonably priced and if you want a decent burger for a good price with some good fries, I'd recommend the place. I remember getting a good meal during Lunch Break at Regionals last November in Ft. Wayne and spent around $5-7 USD and wasn't disappointed.

Overall Ranking: C+ or B-

8. Gentlefish

Gentlefish Member

this thread is making me question my sense of taste

Also, Sonic definitely doesn't belong in the same tier as McDonald's. Either it goes up to C or we make an F tier specifically for McDonald's. ;)

9. Mario C

Mario C New Member

Culvers is decent. Would rather have a burger from there than any of the other chains listed here. I also realize a majority of them are in the Midwest so many may not be familiar.

10. Nazara

Nazara Member

@Stratos "papa john's is inedible" Excuse me, what?

Gentlefish likes this.
  11. tlyee

tlyee Member

wheres whataburger

12. Seaco

Seaco Member

I've been to Steak and Shake far too many times
    I want to say is it goes in one end as grease, and out the other end as grease. Put it into S tier, for "Sh*tter food"
    Our public image suffers when all our press photos from nats are pimple covered faces.
    Indy is a health hazard to the VGC community.

13. Nazara

Nazara Member

Can we talk about how Papa Johns in not only edible but outright good, relatively speaking in terms of chain brand pizza restaurants? Because, it is.

14. Werford

Werford Member

Papa John's is 80% grease. They have good breadsticks but the quality of the pizza is terrible and it shows.

It's not as bad as "ketchup and smegma on cardboard" Little Caesar's, but it's still pretty bad.

15. Nazara

Nazara Member

Funny how I think the same of Dominoes instead.

16. Evan Klinge

Evan Klinge New Member

word

whataburger is only relevant to Texans but definitely s-tier

17. JHufself

JHufself Active Member

I rate fast food based on a few factors including price, taste, and presence. Keep in mind that I live in Indiana, so obviously I'm going to be going off of my surroundings. Don't at me if all you're gonna do is bash with no supporting evidence. Otherwise feel free to pick it apart.

Chipotle, Steak 'n Shake
    in S tier. Cheap and the food is like a C/10 at worst. Shakes are good tho. Also nearly everywhere around Indiana.

Whataburger, Five Guys, Chik-fil-A, Papa John's in A tier. Some of these have B-ish food quality but most of those options are also more expensive. Papa John's is here because it's cheap pizza that isn't disgustingly greasy.

Dairy Queen, Culvers in B tier. DQ has pretty good desserts but getting anything else there is not worth it. Culvers is like Steak 'n Shake, but tastes slightly better and costs slightly more. Add on its relative scarcity compared to other fast food chains and you have a B tier fast food restaurant.

Jimmy John's, Subway, Burger King, McDonald's, Arby's, Other Pizza chains in C tier. Pretty average to below average grade food (except Jimmy chips, those are great) and not so cheap pricing or portions. Subway has White Macadamia Nut Cookies too.

Taco Bell, KFC, Little Caesars in D tier. Really cheap, but also really garbage food quality.

White Castle in F tier. This place is garbage, why waste your time eating here when you could be at a Steak 'n Shake...

18. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

Taco Bell is pretty good you just have to know what to get—i.e. burritos. I get 3 five layer burritos when I go to Taco Bell with Fire sauce and it's 1500 calories for $4.80 before tax. When you get burritos the ingredients all slush together into some hearty, tasty meal with loads of calories

just looked at the OP. Fuddruckers is amazing, but it is emphatically not fast food

tlyee likes this.
  19. Milhau5

Milhau5 Member

I actually agree with this, except Taco Bell belongs in D-tier. I don't know a sober person that ate there by choice or ate there and liked it. I personally don't like the idea of eating a grade of meat ever so slightly above what can be fed to dogs.

This thread also reminded me how much I miss Fuddruckers.

20. Kasoman

Kasoman Member

If you made this tier list based on ice cream alone, Wendy's is clearly in the S tier. I never leave Wendy's without a Frosty.

Gentlefish likes this.