How Sam Pandelis made us 7 hours late to Disneyland

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kingofmars, Jan 27, 2017.

1. kingofmars

kingofmars Well-Known Member

Now that Trainer Tower forums are finally open, and before they shut down in 6 months due to actually storing their passwords as plain text, I figured I'd open up off topic by telling everyone just how badly Sam fliped me over.

Now for a bit of background, Sam was in America for the first time, and he had to go to disneyland. Like, his parents were forcing him to go to disneyland, so much so that his dad bought tickets for me, Sam and Chuppa to go. We decide to leave at 11 to beat pretty much any traffic, and me and Chuppa are up at that time.

Sam is not.

Instead, Sam decides to sleep in til 1 PM, or 8 PM Australian time. In the mean time, chuppa tries to convince me like a devil on my shoulder to go to 8 speed IV Bronzong to bully poor Jonathan Evans, and because Sam COULD NOT flippiNG WAKE UP, he was given the time he needed to convince me of his evil ways.

Anyways Sam decides to finally wake up, giving us a solid 8 hours at the park if everything goes smoothly, and why wouldn't it. An hour down Sam decides he's hungry, and I can't really object since I hadn't eaten anything all day and flip paying disneyland food prices, so we do the only other thing Sam wanted to do all week besides eat In n out and ride X2, and that's go to a Denny's, so we stop in have a decisively mediocre meal while Sam regales us with tales about how much he loved the Japanese Woman's Volleyball team due to a pretty bad anime that he made me watch in exchange for a free worlds room.

So we get out, and while we're driving on the freeway I hear a noise from the back

"Hey uhhhhh the door won't close"

So I immediately freak the flip out, get off the freeway and tell Sam to hold the door closed as he tells me to stay on and that he can just hold it there this entire time. Mind you this was my brand new (used) car that I got like a month ago. So we stop at a full service gas station and the guy there tells me that what probably happened was someone slammed the door on the seatbelt, which Sam swears he couldn't have done since he "closes doors like that all the time."

Even though it would make us monstrously late to Disneyland, I decide that I am not comfortable driving more than necessary with a busted ass car, and drive the hour back to my house to swap cars with my dad, who convinced me that he had just filled it with gas. After driving for an hour and a half, I have to get off in the middle of nowhere (note: most likely Orange County) and refill, which somehow manages to take like 30 minutes? During all of this Chuppa's phone dies, so Sam uses mine to navigate. What Sam forgot to do however, was A) Say where we were going or B) turn off the "No Freeways" option, which we only realized too late.

So we end up driving for like 3 more hours on CITY STREETS to Disneyland. Meanwhile, Sam does the only thing he can do for entertainment and has us play the move naming game, which is like concentration except you're trying to name moves of a specific type. I don't know if it was the partial insanity from being late and the awful southern california rush hour traffic or the fact that I was way better at it than Sam but I enjoyed it.

We finally get to Disneyland at 7 PM. The park closes at 10 PM. Somehow we still manage to do everything worthwhile in the park (seriously, disneyland's like southern california's 5th best amusement park) before Chuppa has to leave. By the time Sam and I end up leaving and taking him to in n out for the second of I think 9 times in the week he was in America, the freeways are completely clear and I'm able to drive back in 40 minutes.

After we get back Sam turned to me and asked "Man, what took so long the first time?"

The answer was you Sam, you were what took so long.

2. feathers

feathers nico nico nii Moderator

The most astonishing thing to me about this story is that Gavin can drive. Aren't you like 12

3. Cable

Cable Member

Im pretty sure Im the one that doesnt age, not Gavin

tlyee likes this.
  4. squirrelboyVGC

squirrelboyVGC Developer

We need some better flipping filters. Like grimer and Detroit.

Duggler likes this.
  5. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Well-Known Member

was your decisively mediocre meal more mediocre than the mediocre steak?

tlyee and Braverius like this.
  6. Vera dun

Vera dun New Member

and Yams. With all its tenses.

Gentlefish likes this.
  7. Zelda

Zelda miho miho mii VGC 2017 World Runner-Up

this is the greatest thread so far

blubobebabi and UB:Rafik like this.
  8. On Solace

On Solace New Member

Phenomenal attention to detail. I felt like I was really there!

blubobebabi and ruby like this.
  9. cobalte

cobalte Member

I absolutely, 100%, believe your story.

10609416_10152389291403533_7733516566189192909_n.jpg

Sam, Pd0nZ, LightCore and 1 other person like this.
  10. 2girls1muk

2girls1muk Member

Oh that Sam Pandelis. He so sleepy