Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necrocat219, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Necrocat219

Necrocat219 Active Member

First post in general forums! (Please don't ban me...)

Thought I would make this thread for the purpose of introducing yourself to the forums! (All forums seem to have these somewhere...)

I'm Dan a UK player and worlds 16 competitor, on my way to qualifying for the current year world championships at 287 CP (I hope I can keep this up) Nice to make your acquaintance :)

2. Optimura

Optimura New Member

I'm Fernando, a Spanish player who's trying to stop being bad and win things other than the occasional Premier Challenge. Nice to meet y'all (and see some known faces back again)

3. BreederBen

BreederBen Member

Hi everyone!
    My name is Ben Duncombe, but known within the Aus VGC and smogon community as BreederBen. I am quite new to the competitive scene! Before I played VGC I was a competitive Hearthstone player in the top 2% internationally 3 years in a row, So as you can imagine some concepts are very similar! I look forward to meeting you all and enjoying the beautiful community you have all built!

Breeder Ben

Fuzzywobbles likes this.
  4. 000aj

000aj Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Andres and I'm the best Dutch player to have posted in this topic, just like back in Nugget Bridge.
    More information isn't really needed.

BreederBen likes this.
  5. Fuzzywobbles

Fuzzywobbles New Member

Hey everyone!

My name's James Oakes, but I go by Fuzzywobbles anything Pokémon related. Started playing Pokémon VGC again after a 2 year hiatus (played PTCG during that time). My goal this season is to make as many events as I can and attend NA Internationals.

BreederBen likes this.
  6. halcyon

halcyon Member

I'm Ed.

JediR, giragoomy and InfamousChub like this.
  7. Nygma29

Nygma29 New Member

Hi.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. anti spiral

anti spiral Member

I go by Anti Spiral,Spiral or vgcspiral. I have played Pokemon since the original games came out, but only started playing competitive last year and only started VGC a few months ago, so still a lot to learn. Based in UK,

9. MattDorrell

MattDorrell Member

Hi I'm Matt and I'm basically 20% of Luxembourgs population

blubobebabi, Tadei, Gumi and 8 others like this.
  10. Heinz_Ketchum

Heinz_Ketchum New Member

Hi, my name is Cameron, but I've gone as Heinz Ketchum in Pokemon communities over the years. I'm a Canadian battler, 25 years old, currently based in Quebec.
    I got into VGC near the end of the 2014 season and started in Online Competitions, such as the Spooky Cup in 2015. I've never been able to attend an official event due to work schedules, but I plan on travelling to Toronto for my first event in May.

11. Calmbatradio

Calmbatradio Member

Yo! I'm James Harding. I've been playing Pokemon since gen 2, and dabbling with competitive since DPP. I just started learning and studying VGC when Sun & Moon were released. I've been enjoying the metagame a lot more than any singles one I had participated in previously.

The community has been super welcoming and full of players looking to help, which has been fantastic. In my years of playing FPS at a pretty high level, I always felt like there was a wall around the best players - a community inner circle if you will.

I'm planning on attending 3 events right now: My first MSS in Cambridge, MA tomorrow, another MISS in Enfield, CT in a couple of weeks and the Portland, OR regional event. If they announce another big one on the East coast I'll try to make that as well.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some other players, improving and getting involved.

Gumi likes this.
  12. FrostVGC

FrostVGC New Member

Hello, I've been an avid Pokémon fan since I got blue version for Christmas 20 years ago! Following the hype for SM I was really excited for how they were geared more towards competitive play than ever before.

So I've decided to dive into the competitive scene head on. I'm not very good, but I'm here to learn. I'm getting ready for my first premiere event tomorrow.

13. Vizualvx

Vizualvx New Member

Hello, I'm vizual, a young 14 year old vgc fan whose only recently gotten into pokemon as a whole. I'm always trying to learn and get better and try to get into some uk tournaments, which is hard due to family problems.

I decided I like vgc the best as I find it more interesting and lively compared to other modes that just go on forever and have constant switches.

14. ALBA

ALBA New Member

Hello! Alba's here, i'm an italian who pretends not to suck at this game.
    Been playing competitive since 2010 and VGC since XY came out ^^ Started to attend irl events only this year because i'm lazy and before i didn't had much around my city.
    Always lookin' for something new to learn ^^

15. PsyJ

PsyJ Member

I'm TJ. You may know me as "The Guy running the Laptop" at Grassroots Regionals Streams. I've been a lifelong Pokemon fan and have been playing since Gen 1. I started playing VGC in 2011 and attending IRL events in 2013. I have a couple decent finishes to my name, and even qualified for Worlds in 2016.

blubobebabi, GayBird, Brady and 2 others like this.
  16. Dreykopff

Dreykopff Well-Known Member

Alola. I'm probably one of the oldest Trainers here (Pokémon since 2000, competitive since 2002, VGC since the beginning). I've won Nats when everyone was bad and I got some Worlds invites when everyone was good. Right now, I'm just a mere casual player, because I strongly disagree with the official season structure and the only online grassroots tourneys I'd have liked to enter were unfortunately extinguished together with Nugget Bridge (RIP). On that specific topic of online tournaments, I wanna add this bit: As nice as it may be for some hardcore players that pay tournaments are taking off now, I'm personally not the hugest fan of them. I wouldn't be opposed to pay my 5 bucks for something big every half year or so, but I'd still like my good old free-to-enter tournaments back, because it was just really nice to get some decent online tournament play without having to pay every time. Life is expensive, luxuries add up quickly, and if we want to bring new players to VGC (as in, Grow the Game™), we can't force them to pay to lose, you know.

Oh yeah, I'm from Deutschland in the heart of Europe and I like birds. I poochpost on my Twitter @Dreykopff a lot and I have a personal VGC blog for the longer things.

/edit: wtf pooch

17. TheMinimizer

TheMinimizer Member

Hello, I'm the Minimizer, also known as Murray McKenzie. I'm currently in my last year of seniors and am sitting comfortably on 420 CP after my 2nd place in London. I'm a Scotsman who started playing Pokemon in 2011 w/White for my 9th BDay. I started VGC in 2014 but I was trash up until after 2015 Worlds. Barely missed out on the stipend last season (19th in Europe when I needed 16th or above) but hopefully this year I'll make it!

Temple likes this.
  18. CCCP

CCCP Member

um yeah hello everyone I'm kind of a casual player since I never even went to a PC, hopefully someday that will change. I hope to find good info and discussion on this new platform.

19. Size

Size Member

I'm Brandon. I'm a 20yo Chemical Engineering Major at Kansas State University. Started taking VGC more seriously last year in 2016, and I did ok for my first year I guess; I got top 16 at Madison Regionals (barely) which was neato. Hoping to do better this year.

20. Orthuss

Orthuss New Member

Hiya! I'm Marco, I'm in Germany, and I pretty much just picked up VGC about a month and a half ago. Kinda found out about this stuff because of the (lack of a) sun/moon postgame and a bunch of youtube channels and wanted to try. Made a team for Leipzig Regionals the week before and went in with one afternoon of showdown as practice, ended up 2-3-dropping. Had a blast, though. I wanna learn more, get a good team together, and go to another event actually prepared.