Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necrocat219, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Cable

Cable Member

Hi I'm Cable

PsyJ likes this.
  2. TheRazerVGC

TheRazerVGC New Member

The obligatory intro post begins now.

Hello!! TT Forums. I'm known as Conan Wild, Therazer456 or RazerVGC whichever of those floats your boat i guess. Im living in the UK and i hope to continue my good run of form from VGC16 into VGC17 starting with the Sheffield Regionals in March (My home city btw) :)

3. Mawilite

Mawilite New Member

Hey everyone!

My name's Ian Lim, and I'm a 16-year-old player who's been playing the game since 2004 and started learning competitive almost ten years later. Before today, I haven't been able to finalize an online identity I wanted for myself, but starting today I'm establishing myself as MawiliteVGC.
    I was exposed to VGC only in 2016, and only started going to events after VGC 2017 came out, having attended nothing but 3 PCs so far, and top cutting at the third one, which is so far my highest claim to fame (which really isn't much, but I'm just starting out).
    I've never been on Nugget Bridge, so this is probably my first time trying to integrate myself into the community. Alola everyone!

4. Gryphon

Gryphon Member

Heyo! My name is Heather. Currently studying Information Assurance at Middle Georgia State, getting back into VGC after taking last year off. I'm still fairly mediocre at it (best finish was 2013 when I went 5-3 at the Athens Regionals) but taking time to read articles and watch videos makes me feel more confident about what to expect. I had resolved to do better at researching this year, only for my go-to site for information to end up getting hacked... bleh. I quickly migrated here once I found this site. This time around I went 5-4 in Athens, BUT I felt better about my battling and didn't have any panic attacks/mental shutdowns which was what made me have to take 2015-16 off because of how bad it got. I was able to focus better and ended up having a lot of fun, even when I was losing. I'll still keep working at it, because someday I'd like to earn an invite to Worlds.

Nice to meet you all! :D

5. VerbatiM

VerbatiM New Member

Hey all! Been playing Pokemon since North American release (started on Blue with the see through purple GameBoy Colour). Got into competitive Pokemon back in 2014 (the release of X and Y) with breeding and Smogon OU. A buddy of mine got me into VGC by breeding for him and I'd say watching Ogloza win 2014 US Nats is what really hooked me into VGC. Attended one PC in 2015 and basically stayed away from the game in 2016. Since I'm a Canadian player I don't expect to earn a worlds invite, but I'm going to Toronto regionals anyways as well as going to a few MSS in the area. Hope to battle against at least a few of you!

6. Firefly

Firefly New Member

I'm just a Canadian named Tyson

7. mattadome02

mattadome02 New Member

Heyo! I'm Matthias, and I'm a Senior Division VGC Player, nice to meet y'all! :)

I've been playing Pokemon since 2009 with DPPt and started competitive in 2010 with HGSS and only really played OU with my friends. Played up till 2013 (When X and Y came out) and went on hiatus and pretty much forgot about Pokemon until Sun and Moon got announced. After Worlds 2016 I figured I'd try VGC a little before SuMo came out and I found Doubles pretty fun, much more than Singles. After Sun and Moon came out I managed to win the Singapore and Malaysian Opens and I've got my invite for Worlds 2017

Of course, I'm always looking to improve so that I get a decent placing at my first Worlds :D

8. Jewelry Jelly

Jewelry Jelly New Member

Greetings! I'm Jewelry Jelly, formerly known as Bucket or variants thereof. Been playing VGC since 2014, but am currently on hiatus due to real life stuff. I'm originally from MA and live in NH.

I'm probably the oldest person here...Pokemon Blue came out when I was in high school. Yeah, I was a Master before there were Masters.

9. dim

dim Member

Hi, I'm Toler! I've been playing VGC competitively since 2009 and currently attend college in Davidson, North Carolina, studying physics. I try pretty hard playing Pokemon, although I prioritize school. I love to participate in the community through the podcast I regularly co-host (The Lava Pool) and tournament attendance, and am always really excited to see new people playing!

InfamousChub and Gryphon like this.
  10. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

I'm Dunkel, an American player. I got started with Pokemon at the age of 4 with Blue Version. The game quickly consumed my life and it wasn't long before my competitive nature took over and I was sitting at unofficial tournament tables competing 6v6 (before VGC). I now spend way too much time practicing and studying VGC. I play competitive Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, and Starcraft. I also dabble in casual competitive fighting games.I'm here because I want to learn and I want to contribute; I am very passionate about the competitive community.

11. Brady

Brady Member

hi

Temple likes this.
  12. AGSilver

AGSilver New Member

Hey everybody! :) I started playing (not at too many events, just one PC and a bunch of online play) since last year's format. I'm loving the diverse meta this year. Whether or not I'm able to attend a couple of live events alongside my online play, I'm looking forward to following the happenings in the format ^_^

13. Mindape

Mindape Active Member

I'm Rhydian. I went to the Olympics last year and play Pokémon on the side.

14. Eiganjo

Eiganjo Member

Bjorn here, also known to some as Eiganjo or that guy that recorded a massive amount of battlevideos. Also I play Vgc a bit and Pokken. That is all!

Mindape likes this.
  15. EscapePlan

EscapePlan Member

Hi! I've been playing Pokemon since Blue came out when I was about 12 or so. I've been playing VGC for the past couple of games, am from the UK and I wish Chatot was competitvely viable.

16. Sudoku Masta

Sudoku Masta New Member

I'm George, I made day 2 2015 Worlds when I was in seniors, but have gotten BFTO since aging up to masters.

17. peno

peno New Member

Hi, I'm George. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1 but only started getting in to competitive in 2016 so I'm pretty new to this.

18. Feis

Feis shoutout to all the pear Moderator

Hey Guys, I'm Faaiz (which is pronounciated like Feis (literally ice with an 'F' in front of that), so there's that). I'm currently 18 years old and got into playing Pokémon when I saw the Pokémon Ranger ad on TV lol. After that I played casually until like late 2012/early 2013, where I started getting into GBU Singles first and then also VGC. I attended German Nats '13 as my first event where I managed to place in the Top 16, just one game short of winning a paid flight to Worlds that year (it's ok though, I lost to Bissbark-Max and he's a real dude <3). My next tour was Nats '14, this time in the Masters Division, where I also placed in Top 16, losing to my good friend Neno/Porengan. I skipped Nats '15 because of school and then went to like 2 PCs in between j4f and to Nats '16 where I did not place in Top 16 (who knew that placing Top 16 twice doesn't guarantee you doing it a third time???). I haven't been to any tournaments since then (yes despite playing for almost , partially because I started studying medicine at the uni, partially also because I'm starting to lose interest in playing.

I'm really happy that these forums finally exist and am looking forward to seeing lots of old and new faces and seeing, what the future has for VGC ^_^

19. giragoomy

giragoomy New Member

Hi, I'm Gira (or Adam). I used to be half decent at this game in 14/15 but now I really just play it for fun. Regardless, I'm also super excited to see how VGC progresses as a whole over the next couple years!

GreenGogoatttt and halcyon like this.
  20. GreenGogoatttt

GreenGogoatttt Member

hi im rj/greengogoat and play a lot of smogon doubles ou as well as vgc. im been playing on ps!/bs since 2015 and have actively played since then, as well as learning 2014. i dont really go to events but im hoping to be able to go to virginia regionals in may so i can meet a lot of my friends from smogon / ps irl :D

blubobebabi, giragoomy and Zimzy like this.