Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necrocat219, Jan 27, 2017.

1. halcyon

halcyon Member

I guess I should actually introduce myself properly instead of being a diglett like I always am.

Hey all, I'm Ed from Adelaide, Australia. I've been playing Pokémon since I got Red on my yellow brick Game Boy back in the late 90s. I've played competitively since 2013, but only really got into the scene with VGC14. With Adelaide being Adelaide, there was a lack of centralisation of the player base here so I founded PokéAdelaide in 2014 with a few mates to promote and engage the local community. This hasn't helped us garner support from TPCi though, but that's a story for another time.

2. Ritzii

Ritzii New Member

Yo! Owen from Liverpool, England here. Been playing Pokémon since RBY, but only got in to VGC last year when I found out Nationals was happening down the road from me. To be honest, I'm not a great player - but I'm trying to improve and recently started my own little Road to Ranked series in an attempt to get better.

3. Kasoman

Kasoman Member

Eh, howzit! I'm Keola Nakamoto, and I'm living in Hawaiʻi! Kinda scrubbish, and I'm also trying to grow our small scene on the islands. Oh yeah, Leonard's Bakery has the best malasadas ever, and I can take a bus there from my apartment. :p #TooMuchWater

4. Zesty

Zesty New Member

Hey everybody!

My real name is Zach but I usually go by Zesty (favourite word and I think it describes me well) online. Born in the states but I've been living on the beautiful Central Coast of Australia since 2006.

New to the VGC and haven't played Pokémon since Gold/Silver.

I've been lurking on r/stunfisk since SuMo released and I decided I wanted to get into competitive. I've been reading almost every thread and article on there to get my head around everything.

Finally started testing on Pokémon Showdown the past week or so with mixed results.

I'm hoping to get some advice when I can make a write up of my team and keen to get a good team I can use for cartridge play and bring to some tournaments.

Cheers.

InfamousChub likes this.
  5. Amazus

Amazus New Member

Hi! Everyone calls me Amazus, both IRL and online. I've been playing Pokemon since the day I was born. If you don't believe me, ask my parents. I've only been playing competitively since mid-2015.

You might know me from NB where I was pretty active on the trade forums. I went by Antikangaskhan, but people still called me Amazus.

InfamousChub likes this.
  6. squirrelboyVGC

squirrelboyVGC Developer

Yo! I'm Jake, your local developer and VGC scrub. I work on the damage calc/usage stats and whatnot, been playing VGC since 2013.

InfamousChub and Gryphon like this.
  7. Bowflexer

Bowflexer Member

Hi I'm Sean! I'm an engineering student who played singles in ORAS but just started getting into VGC with Sun and Moon!

InfamousChub likes this.
  8. Swampert

Swampert New Member

suh
    I'm Swampert, known as swampert999 everywhere else really, started playing in 2015, currently hate the format.

9. Hambrick

Hambrick New Member

I wear a Trump hat to tournaments

10. Donald Trump vgc

Donald Trump vgc New Member

I can assure you the profile picture is not accurate, maybe. And yes this is a serious account.

11. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

Alex, played OU for a year after abandoning yugioh, but I missed the social aspect. I started playing the day after 2016 worlds lol. Been to a few monstore and next-gen PCs, and the San Jose regional, netting me a total of zero points. Rip.

blubobebabi likes this.
  12. TrainerKohana

TrainerKohana New Member

Hello all, it's very nice to meet you all, I am Kohana I live in WA state... not very good with VGC recently made top 32 way back in HG/SS in Seattle Regionals haven't done any better since then not got back into top ranking I'm hoping I can do better and assist where I can

I'm not a fan of tiers, I always find a use somewhere for my Pokémon... I try to have fun when I play competetive

13. tlyee

tlyee Member

Hey guys, I'm Tommy Yee and I've been playing VGC for 7 years now. I mod the PS server and am a senior in high school. Currently residing in Northern California. I don't really attend events too often anymore but enjoy seeing people from the community and matching usernames to faces!

Lately, I've been really invested in League of Legends, so feel free to add me on there. tlyee61 on the NA server.

InfamousChub likes this.
  14. TeruTeruSky

TeruTeruSky New Member

Hey, I'm David, and I'm pretty decent at the TCG, which I played competitively 2007-2015. I haven't been able to play as much recently for a variety of reasons and that's been bumming me out, so I'm trying to get into VGC to fulfill my need for competitive Pokémon.

15. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

You'll probably like to know that the first person to get a knockout isn't always the winner.

16. candy berlin

candy berlin Member

heya I'm Brandon!

people know me more as Toquill, I started playing VGC in 2012 but have been on a hiatus since playing in worlds 2015.

I enjoy listening to fancy stuff on soundcloud, as well as kpop. I also watch anime sometimes.

I also like playing weiss schwarz

InfamousChub and Feis like this.
  17. feathers

feathers nico nico nii Moderator

I'm feathers and I've been around for way too long. Showdown Room Owner, NB staff in the art/editing/everything else departments, art director for several different non-Pokemon projects, avid traveler, nidokingologist, blah blah blah... long story short I am a very busy human. If you've been to an event you've probably met or seen me. Come say hi!

Follow me on twitter at your own risk.

InfamousChub likes this.
  18. Nnoitrum

Nnoitrum New Member

sup nerds it's me shiba man

Vosken likes this.
  19. keonspy

keonspy Member NPA 6 Champion

20. BonBin

BonBin New Member

I'm Aaron, but I don't really know what to go by on the internet. I don't usually post on forums, but I'm gonna try to use this one because I like this website. I'm pretty bad at this game right now.

Nihal likes this.