Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necrocat219, Jan 27, 2017.

1. cobalte

cobalte Member

my names emma / cobalte
    yes i am gamer gril pls hit on me birbos
    i live in melbourne australia
    ive been playing since 2003 when i got ruby for christmas one year
    but competitively since 2011 with black/white so i am a bit of a lumbering relic in the local community
    i admin a local facebook group about general pokemon discussion and we also organise vgc grassroots tournaments every few months
    im also now a basic vg judge which is all very exciting and new
    trying to get my invite this year so i can join my boyfriend on a trip to america while making a stop in at worlds on the way~~
    unfortunately love live school idol festival is a horrible addiction and distracts me from actually practicing
    this means i need to also practice DISCIPLINE and maybe honor... but funposting...
    i am baby level weeaboo and i love birds

i mean that probably sums it up well enough

Mindape and Nihal like this.
  2. AbruptFury

AbruptFury New Member

I'm Tommy AKA AbruptFury :D I'm 22 year old Youngster Joey who has been playing Pokemon since 2001, where I started with Pokemon Special Yellow Edition. Took me til Pokemon Emerald to beat my first game cuz I couldn't fathom why they would start me out against Brock with a Pikachu. Hmmm....Shoulda aimed for the horn. I've truly come a long way since. (Not really)

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've only been playing competitive Pokemon since 2012/13, but picked up VGC at the end of 2014. After the hype at Worlds. Looking to learn more about the Pokemon VGC circuit and hopefully become a champion someday. I look to learn a lot from this site and you peeps. And maybe you'll learn something from me too. oo.

3. Duckshroom

Duckshroom New Member

I'm Andrew and I am based in Melbourne. I misplay VGC, but have fun doing so. I've been involved in VGC for the past couple of years. I tend to go into tournaments with unconventional teams and sets, and have miraculously managed to win a few CP in the process.

4. Swanner

Swanner Member

What up fam! I'm Swanner and I run irl tournaments and commentate sometimes. Mostly focused on Smash TOing for the near future, but I'll be around.

5. Pixeloo

Pixeloo Member

Hi everyone! I'm John, an accountant from the Philippines. I was originally a pure-breeder, but because of VGC, I get to enjoy battling a lot more! I started playing back in VGC15 but unfortunately lost my cart and when VGC16 came, I just didn't like the format so I just focused on Monster Hunter. I just started playing Pokemon again this January and I'm having a blast so far. I'm just starting to get used to VGC17 tho'.

6. momoVGC

momoVGC Member

Hi, I'm Morgan from Melbourne and been playing since VGC16. Hope to improve at VGC and have a ton of fun playing VGC17!

7. M4tri

M4tri New Member

Hi!
    I'm Fatih also known as @MatriVGC , a little bit i guess. I am a kinda new player from germany. This season is my 2nd season in VGC. Before VGC i played singles OU for fun. I like to watch Anime too, any kind of Anime and play Shadowverse (seriously more than Pokemon lol) nice to meet u! Hit me up if you need some teams, but i prefer to play standard teams than gimmicky or meme teams. If you need meme teams just hit the dutch people up, because they are memes! :^]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    sewadle likes this.
  8. Mr.GX

Mr.GX Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm known as Mr.GX, used to be a member of Nugget Bridge. Experienced VGC player, and also a tutor on Smogon. I usually reside in Qatar, but am Indian. Loves anime, art and TCGs. Like to use my favorite mons to win and stuff. Thats pretty much it, you all know me.

9. Gentlefish

Gentlefish Member

Hi, I'm Josh from SoCal. First game was Pearl, first season was 2014. One or two people might remember me from Nugget Bridge.

10. Ace Trainer Andrew

Ace Trainer Andrew Member

Alola! I'm Andrew. I've been playing Pokémon since Gen 4, and I've been following VGC since early ORAS. I started attending as many tournaments as I could in late 2015. I have yet to win anything, but I'm hoping to start participating more and to start making a name for myself now that I can drive myself!

11. sonicmanic

sonicmanic New Member

Hey, I'm Addy from England. I've been playing pokemon since Sapphire back in '03, didn't play for a while and then started playing gen 6 again last year. I'm new to VGC and have only been following since Worlds 16. Currently following VGC17 and hopefully will participate in upcoming tourneys soon!

12. Tadei

Tadei New Member

I'm a young, fractious Pole who loves to have a good battle from time to time. I don't take competetive pokémon very seriously. It's just one of my hobbies. I'm not persevere live events player. I don't have enough money to compensate for my geographical location. My competetive awareness started at the end of 2011. More on that can be found on my private blog: http://tadei.hatenablog.com . I never been much of a forums contributer. I just find it hard to have properly direct discussions. Made an account here because I lost trust in NB passwordkeeping. My current goal with pokemon is to become a TO and create a proper VGC scene in my homeland. And as far as competing goes I'm probably going to be in Malmö Regionals just for fun and to get a break from biology and chemistry studying. I want to became a forester. I'm also foreign language enthusiasts. I know 5 languages to a communicative and want to start studying japanese on my own. I also love looking for rare birds and fungus species. In all honesty I like didactive aspects of school more than the social ones. That may sound like I don't like people, well I do but I'm very selective about it. With that being said I'm happy to give help with VGC to anyone. I'm certainly not a pro player, but I know some stuff. Also I'm looking for strong sparring partners. Feel free to hit me up with PM anywhere you find my trail ;).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Yoship likes this.
  13. Archimom

Archimom New Member

Some of you know me from NuggetBridge (RIP). I'm a non-player PokeMom who tries to keep up with the tournament season structure, and help people figure it out, especially the parts that keep changing (CP, kickers, etc). I also answer to Gwen's Mom, if you see me at a tournament, but my real name is Irene. I'm also an architect IRL in Illinois. I'm happy to see new VGC forums after the demise of NB, and hope there can be productive conversations with a combination of experienced and new players.

Temple and Gentlefish like this.
  14. Paradiddled

Paradiddled Member

Hey guys, I'm Travis. I go by the screennames Paradiddled and threemeeps. I'm 24 and I've been playing Pokémon since I borrowed my friend's blue version when I was a kid (didn't get my own copy until G/S came out). I played super casually until gen 4 when I got bored of the RPG aspect of the games. I discovered Smogon and went by Trav7x (l0l) for a while. In gen 5 I had some high OU ladder placements with DragMag teams and a wonky Genesect/Slowbro/Moltres/Tangrowth defensive core before Genesect got sent to Uber. I didn't know anything about VGC until 2014 after X/Y came out. I'm hoping to compete a bit this year, but not sure if I'll be able to due funds. At the very least I'll play Battle Spot and meme around on here with you guys! :D

Temple likes this.
  15. Mariposa

Mariposa New Member

Hi Friends!

My name is Amilia, and i'm a loooong time Pokemon fan who jumped at the opportunity to partake in VGC! I was actually inspired to play by watching a stream of Diana Bros winning at last year's St.Louis regionals. Despite the fact it was her first time there, she beat out a bunch of veteran players and became the regional champion!

I started late into the 2016 season and had my first taste of Regionals in Orlando, and faced off against the newly crowned champion Wolfe Glick as my very first opponent--It was awesome!

Being able to attend a Regional Event made me even more determined to want to improve my skills and continue to grow in the community, so starting fresh in the new format is perfect for just that!

ANYWAY! I'm always down to make new friends and have practice battles with ya'll! :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    blubobebabi, Gentlefish and Tadei like this.
  16. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Hey everyone. My name is Max, and I'm pretty new to VGC. I started playing Pokemon when I was five-ish after my dad found a GBA in a Ruby Tuesday. I've been following VGC since BW, but this is the first season that I've actually forced myself to ladder and stuff. So far it's been pretty fun. I'm hoping to (maybe possibly) attend Virginia Regionals and some local PCs this year.

17. Metal-Ace

Metal-Ace New Member

Hello, my name is Malik also know as Metal.

I've been a fan of the Pokemon games since GSC and been following VGC since 2015 only to dabble into gameplay during the 2016 season. Currently, I've been on and off playing this season due to college but I still want to participate in playing the game and one day, go to an event to test my skills.

18. RaqibMarvelous

RaqibMarvelous New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Raqib and I have been working in the video games industry for over 3 years now. I received my start in broadcasting X and Y when VGC 2014 was really young, then moved into PR / Marketing / Production when the opportunities arose. I took a 2 year hiatus from competitive battling, but now I have a bit more time to get back into it. Looking forward to seeing where this community goes!

19. Charbon

Charbon New Member

Hi, folks! My gaming alias is Charbon. I am a player who just got into the VGC format. I was introduced to Pokemon back in Gen 2 with Pokemon Crystal and became hooked on the franchise since. I used to play competitively in singles during generation 3 and 4 (think Shoddy Battle was the simulator of choice back then). I played generations 5 and 6 pretty casually, but I finally decided to dive back into competitive play with generation 7. I sometimes mess around in BSS, but most of my playtime is decided to VGC stuff.

My schedule is pretty much all over the place, but I'm hoping to squeeze in some time for teambuilding, practice, competitions, and all that jazz. I'd like to do some local PC/MSS events and perhaps a regional. My goal is to improve my VGC battling skills and meet some like-minded people here!

20. Pephan

Pephan Member

Hi, i'm Estephan, better known as Pephan.
    I'm from Chile, i'm 24 years old and i like to Play the bass and Sing apart from Pokémon.
    I like soccer and my favourite band is Alice in Chains
    You can found me on Twitter @PephanVGC or on Facebook 'Estephan Valdebenito'
    I always like to discuss about teams and always like to build It
    I can help you with spanish if you need it too
    Pd: Skarmory is the best Pokémon