Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necrocat219, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kajashi

Kajashi New Member

Hello, I am Kajashi, and I am a 19 year old from New York. If I had to pick a favorite Pokemon, it would probably have to be Gardevior, but that's like asking me to pick my favorite kind of dessert. I have been playing Pokemon since FireRed and started getting into VGC in 2014, but only became heavily involved this season. I hope that maybe I'll even be able to go to an IRL event soon.
    Aside from Pokemon, I love to play ultimate frisbee and do math stuff, especially teaching others how to do said math stuff.

Tadei likes this.
  2. Trainer Nobu

Trainer Nobu New Member

Hey I'm Trent from Hawaii. Played competitive OU since diamond/pearl off and on but recently made the jump to vgc due to it seeming to have a bigger base to actually play matches (on cart not showdown). Played pokemon since its release on Gameboy and will probably continue to play each one till I'm dead.

3. HyperTHD

HyperTHD New Member

Abdul, from Toronto, Ontario! Haha, I've been playing VGC since late 2014 and really got into it during the 2015 season. Been playing Pokemon since Gen 3 days, though I find myself not having alot of time with me currently being a CS student. Usually, either programming or playing pokemon in my spare time.

4. Nazara

Nazara Member

I like pizza.

JediR and FloristtheBudew like this.
  5. blubobebabi

blubobebabi New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Tiffiny and I am a high school student from New York. I've always loved Pokemon since I was a kid, but only discovered the competitive side around the time of VGC'15 Worlds. I was on and off in VGC'16 cause...yea...but this year I am super into the rule set and am trying to be more active. I haven't attended any events yet mostly because of family and travel limitations (parents don't support me "wasting" my time on games and I pretty much have to rely on public transport to get to events, of which the ones in NY still would take me well over 3 hours to get to). Also, I have zero confidence as I suck and want to at least be decent before I compete in an actual tournament.

Aside from Pokemon, I am aiming to become a med or psychology student and like to draw and indulge myself in manga and anime. I started a Pokemon art project a year ago where I try to draw all the Pokemon together in the form of the logo, but procrastination always gets the better of me.

Anyways, my main goal is to make friends and have fun while playing competitively so I'm always up for a chat!

6. madifz

madifz New Member

Hi, Danial from Singapore. I stopped playing Pokemon in 2002 (Alpha Sapphire), and only picked it up again with XY in 2015. Post-game, started watching VGC and surfing NB and Smogon forums, and only recently started playing VGC with the 2017 format. Hoping to test myself at the upcoming Feb IC:)

7. mattmagoo94

mattmagoo94 New Member

Hi, I'm Matt and I made a Trainer Tower account for the eSports club at my university. I'm mainly a singles player, but I decided to give VGC a shot starting at '16.

8. Joel Diaz

Joel Diaz New Member

Hello, I'm Joel from Mexico, and I started to play VGC in 2016 and and in this VGC I have improved a little but I'm not so professional, but you want to continue to improve, I create an account to Trainer Tower for help mainly.

My favorite Pokemon is Pichu and Swampert xD

9. Torrin

Torrin New Member

Hi nice to meet everyone! My name is Charles.Am mostly a TCG player, but do to some heath problems am unable play this year. I only be playing vgc for maybe 6 months. I hope we can all get along.

10. Zachary Miller

Zachary Miller New Member

Hi every1 my name is Zach nice 2 meet u!! I like mac Donald's my IQ is 75. I'm a drooling stooge I need google maps to find my own ass. I use Tooth paste as a condiment and I wear bowling shoes. I like locally sourced produce and calling the police.

11. Cheshire

Cheshire New Member

Nice to meet everyone. My name is Chris. I come the middle of no where. I played VGC form 2009 to 2011. Do to life I haven't touched the games competitively since then. I came back to vgc thanks to Pokemon Go rekindling my love for the game. I hope we can all get along and enjoy our love for this game.

anti spiral likes this.
  12. JediR

JediR Member

I'm Robbie, I live in New Hampshire, not particularly good at anything much (save birdwatching), but hey, I improve more and more by the day, at least in my opinion...

anti spiral likes this.
  13. snooze11

snooze11 Member

Hi guys I'm Preston a.k.a snooze I've been competing since 2012 but haven't ever really accomplished much And I'm not sure what else to do to improve but I love to play the game. Really enjoy getting to know other people and making new friends!

Temple likes this.
  14. Sardus21

Sardus21 New Member

Hi! I'm Sardus21 from Italy, 24 years old. Looking for some connationals but also for some people around (or in) London (I work here).
    I'm looking forward to se the next vgc format (the current BS Doubles maybe? I hope so), as I am now a bit annoyed of the current one :/
    My preferred pokemon is Charizard and my favourite types are Water, Fire and Dark. Dragon is off serie, ofc.

JediR likes this.
  15. TheChoujinVirus

TheChoujinVirus New Member

The Name's TCV. I'm familiar with VGCs thanks to NuggetBridge and on my quest of improving my pokemon vgc and battling for online competitions and such

16. MrTalent

MrTalent New Member

Hey guys! My name is drew aka MrTalent. I love VGC and its basically my youtube channels passion. Found this website looking for some good usage data to see what the "meta" is and figured i'd join the party. Creating VGC 2017 content is my passion on twitch and youtube so i hope to get involved in this website a bit. Plenty of great resources here. I may even look to compete in actual tournaments besides locals one day. Nice to meet all of you :)

snooze11 likes this.
  17. LasermanZ!

LasermanZ! New Member

Hello, I'm LasermanZ1. I've been into VGC since late 2014 still hoping to go an actual event one day. You might have seen me on NuggetBridge or Pokemon Showdown under the same name. I would have come here a lot sooner, but circumstances out of my control kept me from the Pokemon community for a few months. Unfortunately as a result, I'm extremely out of practice, and I have no idea what the meta is like. Here's hoping I can get back in shape. This website will definitely help with that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    BlinkVGC and JediR like this.
  18. BlinkVGC

BlinkVGC Member

I suppose I should introduce myself to this new community I've found.

I'm Blink, a pleasure to meet you.

I'm 14, and I've been interested in Pokemon since I was eight, with my 6th anniversary with the game coming soon. My first game was Pokemon Black, which was a great introduction as personally Gen 5 is my favorite generation of the games. I got into VGC shortly after picking up the game, and entered into the 2011 St. Louis Regionals as a Junior, and somehow taking 4th place with my story team.
    I've been trying to get back into VGC, as VGC'16 caused me to call it quits. Seeing as how Nugget Bridge appears to be dead (rip) I decided I'd go ahead and check out this site, and so far I love it. Content on here is super easy to understand.
    I'm looking forward to playing more this season, as the format looks very interesting and can allow for some oddball teams to really take the cake.
    Besides Pokemon, I've also enjoyed Minecraft for a long time, and I enjoy Team Fortress 2 and Civilization. I'm also an avid PC enthusiast and I love to learn about and build PCs. (My PC Build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DWprtJ)

Hopefully, I didn't bore you with my essay of an introduction post.

TL;DR: I'm new

Nihal and JediR like this.
  19. Hitmondan

Hitmondan New Member

Hello! I'm Dan from Manchester, UK. I have played vgc on and off since it's beginnings in this country and whilst I have competed at many levels, I have no major achievements to boast.

I continue to love playing Pokémon, having played every main series game and most peripherals since 1999. I have no goals other than to play competitively as long as the competitive scene lasts.

Massively into spectating the game, follow several mainstream youtubers, watch live streams of official competitions and attend events whenever life allows.

20. paraplegic

paraplegic New Member

Hey everyone, I'm a Smogon DOU player who's name is Steven, but I generally just go by para. I don't really play a ton of vgc, but I have a grasp on playing doubles formats in general, and I passively follow the meta through this sites articles. I'm rly interested in picking up/learning this format though so if any one ever sees me on showdown feel free to challenge me :)