Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necrocat219, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Eviltwin

Eviltwin New Member

Hello,
    i am EvilTwin, a 22 year old trainer from Portugal. I´ve never played competitive, and started this month in pokemon moon, i´m currently building my team. Feel free to chat with me, i don have much free time but i promise to reply when possible.

2. Rinhos

Rinhos New Member

Hello everybody!
    My name is Federico, 27 yo (yeah, you can call me granpa...), I started battling last year so I am not a supertalented player and I have never competed in official tournaments, mostly for lack of time (I have a full time job), although I hit 1700 on Battlespot so I guess I am not a complete noob.....I guess :D
    anyway, I love VGC from the bottom of my heart and I got really serious about it. My goal is to improve myself as much as possible, and this site is the best thing I have ever seen in my life!

Some useless information:

started playing in: 1998 (some of you weren't even born I think :D)
    favourite pokemon: Celebi
    favourite game: Black/White
    other hobbies: Football, Magic, Music, TV Series, PEGI 18 stuff.

peace!

N.B. I am Italian, NOT Spanish ;)

Nihal likes this.
  3. TaiCrunch

TaiCrunch New Member

Hey y'all! Im Wes. I'm a 29-year-old veteran Pokemon player (so don't feel too old, Rinhos!) I've played competitive since Diamond and Pearl, starting with Smogon Singles and Shoddy Battle. I went to the last VGC event that came to Nashville, in 2009, but didn't really start getting into proper VGC until around 2013-2014. But TCPi decided never to come back to Nashville, and I'm poor, so I never got to go to another one. So my focus went more toward theorymonning and casual Showdown play.

I joined the Air Force last year and got stationed in Utah, reasonably close to SLC, where they actually still have events! So between that and the more casual-friendly mechanics this gen, I've gotten way more into cartridge play and hope to make it to SLC regionals next year.

Besides Pokemon, I also play Hearthstone, Elder Scrolls Online, and SW:TOR. Outside of gaming, I enjoy weightlifting and running. Not much of anything else at the moment because of a super busy schedule and needy new baby.

Temple and Nihal like this.
  4. Collector

Collector New Member

Good evening everyone. I was directed here on the VGC channel in Pokemon Showdown after I attempted to try NB again. My current username on Showdown is Hobbyist. I got into Pokemon when Yellow first released in America, been playing ever since. I missed out on Gen 4, but got back into Pokemon in Gen 5 as well as competitive battling. 26 years old working on Psychology degree. Passion for violin and trying to learn music.

Collector Status:
    --Living Dex (as well as all various forms and released breedable HA abilities for breeding purposes)
    --All Pokemon versions released in America obtained (RBY/GSC/RSE/FRLG/DPP/HGSS/BW/B2W2/XY/ORAS/SM)
    --In possession of: GC/GB player, GBASP x2, Wireless adapter (released with FRLG) x1, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 with GB adapter for N64 x1, DS Lite (For Gen 3 -> Gen 4 Transferring), Bonus Jirachi Disc (released with pre-order of Pokemon Colosseum), Pokemon Revolution
    --Systems Owned: GC, GBA SP, Wii U, 2DS, N3DS XL

Collector Goals:
    --Obtain Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Colosseum XD
    --Obtain N64
    --Obtain Gaming PC that is capable of streaming
    --Obtain streaming equipment and build up stream rep
    --FInish Metroid gaming collection
    --Learn competitive Pokemon (VGC preferred) and perhaps make it at least to Regionals one time
    -- Ultimately pass on my collection and legacy to my future kids

Nihal likes this.
  5. IAmKennyJ

IAmKennyJ New Member

Hey folks.

My real name is Kendall, but you can call me Kenny. I am a currently 20-year-old college student living in Washington State.

I first started to play competitive Pokémon back in 2008. It was mostly the standard Smogon OU singles, which I continued to play up until around Black & White were released. After that, I only played sporadically over the next few years. Then, in 2015 I began to watch some of the VGC streams and in 2016 I really started to follow the VGC scene throughout the season and even played a little bit of the format on Showdown. This season I've been putting together my own teams in-game and have played a little bit on Battle Spot. I have yet to attend an in-person event but I'm hoping to at least attend the Seattle Regional later this month.

Nihal likes this.
  6. Pudgeysaurus

Pudgeysaurus New Member

Hi there! I'm Pudgeysaurus.

I am fairly new to VGC and am looking forward to seeing the different strategies that emerge and evolve in this game

7. Foxgopher

Foxgopher New Member

Hey everyone, I'm Alex/Foxgopher, been playing pokemon basically my entire life and just started getting into VGC. Really excited to learn and test my skills!

8. jesuisVGC

jesuisVGC New Member

Alola! I honestly don't remember if I've formally introduced myself. You could call me Pat, I've started playing VGC since Black and White, tried mostly weather-based teams. I tried a couple of 2016's but didn't like it too much. I'm enjoying 2017 so far since it combines the usefulness of terrains and the weather. Nice to meet you all.

9. everybody

everybody New Member

Hi everyone I'm everybody and I just really got into vgc. I started vgc in BW but it wasn't very good, as my teams were mostly gimmicks such as Scarf Moxie Mence Dragon Rush in gravity, then in XY belly drum+psych up/transform, then in ORAS another gravity team. However I'm much more confident that this format my team isn't just a gimmick so I'll be posting it soon for suggestions.

Other than that I like playing all sorts of smogon formats, as I'm working on a competitive living dex (~25% left).
    Pleased to meet you!

10. Mippy

Mippy New Member

Hi there I'm Mippy.
    I'm 25 and working on becoming a lawyer. I'm also very sick, expensive medical stuff and a lot of surgeries. Since I'm on this site you guys already know I love Pokemon, but I also play Halo, R6S and Destiny.
    I plan on competing in VGC 2018, but mostly just a casual player and I'm here to make friend, chat and casually battle.

Nihal likes this.
  11. Dj VGC

Dj VGC New Member

Hey everyone I'm Dj and I've loved pokemon since I was around 3 or 4 years old (21 now). I'm just getting into vgc this year. I don't know if i'll compete in any irl tournaments (I need to learn what I'm really doing first), but I was hoping to find a group to play online with and maybe participate in some online tournaments too. I enjoy using all kinds of pokemon and strategies, but if I had to pick a favorite type of team, it would probably be rain.

Outside of pokemon I work at a used car dealership and a fruit market when I'm not in school. I also love running and plan to participate in my first half marathon in a little over 2 weeks.

Nice to meet everyone!

12. mikewando

mikewando Member

Hey there I'm #1 in NorCal

NightinGem likes this.
  13. Sogeking

Sogeking Member

hi im a new player from brazil oo

NightinGem and DaWoblefet like this.
  14. DiegoDM26

DiegoDM26 New Member

Hi, im diegodm26 from venezuela, the only country in south America who don't have play pokemon events :'v

15. adri172

adri172 New Member

Hello, I' m Adrian,a competitive player since last year. I hope to improve myself with the help of the community and helping as much as I can to new players :).

NightinGem likes this.
  16. ugur_tatli

ugur_tatli New Member

Greetings everyone, my name is Uğur and I'm the best Turkish player in Italy. (yeah sounds so awkward)
    I play both vgc and smogon singles. My favorite play style is easily hyper offense. I'm also pretty confident about my skill in randbats. :)
    I started playing vgc in 2015 and my best results are top32 at 2015 Italy Nats, top4 at 2016 Turin regionals and top8 at 2016 Rome regionals.
    Too bad I sucked so bad in the current format but I will try to give a shot at the upcoming Turin special. (Yeah I'm skipping the most important European event of the season because of visa.)
    Nice to meet you. :)

NightinGem and JediR like this.
  17. NightinGem

NightinGem New Member

Hello, folks! My name is Gem, and I'm a 19-year-old player from Northern California. This is my first year playing in official tournaments, and I've been playing competitive Pokémon for a few years now. I'm primarily a Nuzlocker and storyteller, but I love the competitive element of Pokémon and am trying my best to improve! I'm also autistic, queer, and nonbinary, and would prefer they/them pronouns! (edit: trans guy, he/him or they/them) <3 Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    ugur_tatli likes this.
  18. Koma

Koma New Member

Yo! The names Kevin but, I go by the name Koma! I been playing Pokemon since the age of 5 (Pokemon Red being my 1st game) and I have played every generation since... Im currently 22, married and blessed with a beautiful daughter. My wife and I play together although I lean towards the more competitive side of the game (or games in general hahaha!). Making it to the Pokemon Championship is a dream I have long chased since I was little and its something I strangely do alongside being a cook. Anyways... Long story short... I hope I can meet a lot of people here, learn from them and have lots of fun. Anyone wanna play or test some crazy VGC shinnanigans (hope I said that correctly). Koma here at your service!

ugur_tatli likes this.
  19. AlolanAj

AlolanAj New Member

Heyyooo. Name's AJ. Started playing VGC back in the 2015 format and instantly fell in love. Been out for most of Gen 7 but I'd like to get back in! If you lurk this thread and have decent amounts of experience feel free to shout me! I'm a huge fan of rain/trickroom teams. Looking for good EV spreads as well.
    Nice to meet you all!

Jakob Swilley likes this.
  20. John Beak

John Beak New Member

Hey kids,
    My name is Jan but everybody calls me John Beak. I'm officially the second best Czech player in the 2018 season with a staggering 1 CP, just 399 short of a Worlds invite.
    I've been on and off Pokémon since 2000. Primarily interested in competitive, I collected some trophies in local tournament, but unfortunately I quit in ~2009 right when VGC was about to take off, something I regret to this day. I've been making a slow comeback, organising some grassroots tournaments in my country in 2017 (both online and live). I attended my first event at 2018 London Internats before finally getting first official VGC tournament event in Prague in March 2018. I went into both events with virtually no preparating and finished negative, but I really enjoyed being there and made some friends. I also took part in the 2018 Trainer Tower Circuit. I'm still too inconsistent and I don't have much experience with teambuilding (especially if the team doesn't have a Tyranitar), but I'm slowly getting back into it. I'm going to attend more events in the 2019 season with the goal of qualifying for Worlds.
    Outside Pokémon, I like video games, music (primarily extreme metal), anime, languages and linguistics, and motorsport (big F1 fan). Recently I've been working as a game developer. I speak Japanese (JLPT N3 - nothing special) and I'm learning Chinese; I also know some Russian and I've learned a number of other langauges at some point. I enjoy organising tournaments and culture events. I'm half decent at a number of videogames; I plan on streaming myself playing in the future. Also, I'm looking for a girlfriend at the moment *wink wink*
    I'm looking forward to hanging out with you people a little longer.

IAmKennyJ and DaWoblefet like this.