Is this forum dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Speer-Kun, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Speer-Kun

Speer-Kun New Member

looking to get back into VGC , last season was 2016 to 17 but fell off. I used to use 4chans vgc threads heavily but those arent too active anymore. Reddit sucks too, i just feel like there are no active communities these days. am i wrong?

2. Darkmalice

Darkmalice New Member

Many of the high-league competitive communities converse primarily on Twitter and private messages, with much of the public information dispersed through individual Twitter and Youtube channels. These days forums have less activity for Pokemon.

Smogon also has a active community, but not to the extent of those through Twitter and private messages.

3. John Beak

John Beak New Member

People moving away from traditional message boards to social networks is a global trend, not something specific for Pokémon.

4. Xivialk

Xivialk New Member

This would actually explain why it's suddenly hard to find information for VGC now compared to how accessible it was in 2016

5. 2 quid is good

2 quid is good New Member

That's a shame, I think forums are a much better source of information than having to mindlessly trawl through twitter, they're much better archived too