Landorus-T EV Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabaku, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Sabaku

Sabaku New Member

Hey, everyone. It's been a while since I've played VGCs, but with January's IC and the Charlotte Regionals in March, it seemed like a good time to start playing again (actually getting Ultra Moon helps a lot with that).

Anyways, I wanted to ask for opinions on an EV spread for Landorus-T that I made with help from an old friend back in 2013. I wasn't worried too much about what it could do offensively, but I had concerns about its survivability, whether it had an Assault Vest or a Choice Scarf. Any suggestions or commentary would be appreciated.

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Intimidate
    Level: 50
    EVs: 36 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    252+ SpA Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 36 HP / 12 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 140-168 (82.8 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 36 HP / 12 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T: 70-84 (41.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    -1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Iron Head vs. 36 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 70-84 (41.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    -1 252+ Atk Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 36 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 140-168 (82.8 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

2. AtTehCross

AtTehCross Member

That spread is a good starting point. I think it's most important to play practice games with the set, however. EV spreads will generally be dependent on the Pokemon's role on the team. If you're finding Landorus to be particularly important in a specific match-up for the team, then you'll tailor the EV spread to that match-up. So unless we could see the rest of the team, it tough to say if that spread is what you need. Even then, it's important to play with the team to be sure.

That said, just play with that Lando until you find some match-ups it's really important to bring and adjust that way. I'll usually just use an AV Lando like yours on my teams and it'll work just fine most of the time.