Meet the NPA 6 Managers!

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Braverius

Braverius Bird-Dog Administrator NPA 7 Champion

Managers, feel free to post here. Once managers each get to post here, assistant managers can continue the banter. If you aren't a NPA Manager and you post here, you're gonna have a bad time.

2. DrFidget

DrFidget Well-Known Member

I’m back nerds. Last time the Gamblers were around we were always one of the most diverse teams in the NPA, played in Goldenrod, and had a sick logo that said GG. Then, unfortunately, that acronym got tied up with a hate movement I’d like to distance the team from as much as possible. So the team has moved to Celadon City where everyone is welcome.

Having said that, there are limited seats and so who I draft comes down to a few criteria. Most of which I’m pulling from your sign up post.

1) Battle ability. This is obviously the most important thing. The best players will get drafted. I’m a Gambler, not a fool. If you’re a new and above average player there are a few ways to increase your stock.

2) Bust a rhyme. I don’t care if it’s terrible, I just want to know if you can follow directions. If you can’t be bothered, I can’t trust you to schedule your matches. If you can’t figure out how to rhyme, you can’t figure out time zones. If you thought you’d be cute and write a haiku instead, then you are more trouble than you’re worth.

3) Introduce yourself and let me know you’re interested in being a Gambler (or if you’d rather not be, so we can avoid you). Team presence is a big plus. Players that don’t just want to play but also want to help and engage with their team are what I want. I’m unfortunately not going to have a tryout day, so you’ll have to hunt me down.

If that’s you, hit me up here or on twitter @Dr_Fidget. I’m glad to be back and excited to start a new season in Celadon City.

Edit: Check out our sick new logo!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  3. kingofmars

kingofmars Well-Known Member

Between the Brave Birds Managers we have a National Championship, 3 Regional Championships and 2 Top 16 Australian Nationals to our name. Needless to say, we play to win. We won NPA last year and I intend to win it again.

If you're interested in trying out, message gengarboi if you have a current vgc17 ladder ranking (bs or ps) > 1750

Kaw Kaw Motherpoochers

4. Tan

Tan Active Member

Message from both Tan and Chalkey

Hey y'all! This is the Celestic Stars' fifth year in NPA! We finished in the top four in NPA 4, and we're hoping to repeat that performance going into this year (or better!).

Our team does things a little differently, however. Obviously, we want to go for the gold, and we're going to be looking for skilled players just as everyone else here is, but our team will be looking for more than just the best of the best. We're not just looking for players who are good for our score, but also players who will be good for the overall team. Ideally, we want a team of people who will help each other grow and improve during the season, and eventually stay friends once the season ends. We're looking for players that can support each other through breeding, teambuilding, battle prediction tips, and all the essentials. We expect a certain level of skill, but overall we expect our team to care about a little more than just winning itself. Our goal is to have a great season with lasting good memories.

Please feel free to PM us if you're interested in the team (You can also check us out on twitter @CelesticStars). We have a history of drafting at least one or more people from our tryout process.

To be considered, you'll want to answer the following:
    - What notable finishes should we consider?
    - What do you attribute to those finishes? Namely, what do you think you're doing well that not a lot of players know? Do you have a specific approach to practice? To reading people and making predictions?
    - Give us a replay of a battle you lost specifically (showdown preferred). What did you learn from it? What could you do better next time?
    - Last but not least, what is one thing you can't stand when working with others on a team? And be honest - don't just give us "I get along with everyone" or some answer you think we want to hear. This is so we can make sure the people we aim to draft will conceptually get along with each other. Our goal, above all, is to make sure everyone on our team has a fun season and makes lasting bonds, and we can't do that if everyone wants different things out of what the team will be like.

Thanks everyone, and good luck in the draft!

Bonus Points for the tryout ^_^
    - Hey come check us out @CelesticStars (and follow!)
    - In your pm please remind Chalkey that Pokemon is on Netflix, he tends to forget that fact sometimes
    - Tell us your fav coffee shop drink

Pat Ball, chalkey, TMaaHD and 8 others like this.
  5. makiri

makiri Well-Known Member

We have business plans

6. PokeAlex

PokeAlex Active Member

Hello everybody, Alex and Faaiz here!

We're happy to announce we will join this year's NPA as managers of the Akala Toucans. We might be new here, but by no way you should underestimate us. Between us two, you have consistent top cut placements at national and world level, a Nationals win (Alex' part) and also high quality memes, rice talk and rants about studies (Faaiz' part).

Our goals for this tournament are pretty clear: Not only do we want to create a group of players, who can talk to each other as friends, who work together and grow bigger both as a team and as individuals, we also, how else should it be, want to win.

With that being said, if you are interested playing for our team, feel free to send a PM to Alex (PokeAlex on the forums), Faaiz (Feis) or Ricardo (RpIndaHouse) with following information:
    - What notable finishes do you have?
    - What do you think you have that makes you stand out in such a stacked field of players?
    - What could you contribute to the team as a whole?

Please note that as a little minimum requirement we'd like you to only message us if you have a current Battle Spot / Showdown Rating minimum of 1750 points.

We're looking forward to your messages and also to how this tournament is gonna play out! But remember for everything you do... Toucan play at this game.

Shoutouts to Duy Ha for the slogan!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
    Pyreon, 000aj, pookar and 10 others like this.
  7. Tman

Tman Active Member

God save the queen~
    [​IMG]

8. MajorBowman

MajorBowman Active Member

I was waiting to post until the other managers had but this thread is hella dead so I'm taking my turn

I'll have you all know that I won the only fantasy football league I've ever joined because Tommy ghosted me during the draft so you may as well just bow down to your queen now
    [​IMG]
    All hail

Renny, Sam, Pephan and 5 others like this.