Mega-Venusaur VGC 18

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Oly, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Oly

Oly New Member

Hello, i'm not new, i play until vgc 2015, but i stop the last 2 years. In vgc 2015 i play a defensive bulky team around mega-venusaur (in this old meta it give me a lot of satisfaction) but acttually how it's good in this genration?
    I mean, m-venu it have an amazing sinergy with inceniroar but actully the HA isn't still released.

2. ExperimentGX

ExperimentGX New Member 2017 WCOP Champion

Imo M-Venusaur is solid check to popular archetype such as rain , sand and tapu with the exception of lele . However , its offensive capability is rather poor other than its stab coverage . Back in 2015 not many pokemon can ohko it , but now tapu lele exist and scarf is the most common variant . Hope this helps

3. Knux

Knux New Member

If you're ever curious using it in OU Doubles, Mega-Venusaur is very good, in my opinion.

I tend to use it on Trick Room teams, with Sleep Powder to help check some of the major threats.

4. Tamtam

Tamtam Member

M-Venu is an interesting mon! With only two weaknesses, Psychic (Lele) and Flying (Mence, Pelipper + the odd Z-Fly Gyara/Lando), it's not too hard to build around: you'll probably want a good Steel type to take care of Lele (eg Aegislash, Steela, or Megagross for a dual mega option) and a solid answer to Mence (eg P2, Cress, Megagross). And now that Incineroar's HA is in fact released, that makes Venu even better in theory, as it provides Intimidate + a Psychic immunity for it.

Since it relies on Leech Seed for recovery, it's important to have a team that allows you to position M-Venu in such a way that it can get seeds off without fear. For the most part, it'll want to slowly whittle down the enemy's mons, so it appreciates having bulky partners that force your opponent into a longer, drawn-out game.