New England/North East Thread

Discussion in 'North America' started by Calmbatradio, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Calmbatradio

Calmbatradio Member

As far as I could tell in my search, there are not too many events in the New England area for 2017, especially considering we do not have a regional. That being said, I have created this thread to try and document when and where events (that award CP) are taking place, as well as help to organize carpools.

As of right now, the next to that I'm aware of are:
    PC in Cambridge, MA on 2/11
    MSS in Enfield, CT on 2/12

I live near Manchester NH, so if anyone from the general area is also planning on going to either event and we could meet up/carpool, please let me know. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people in the community.

Note: I am on mobile at the moment and plan on updating with more information and adding links asap.

blubobebabi and marilli like this.
  2. FrostVGC

FrostVGC New Member

I'm from Rhode Island and am in the same boat. There is only one league in the state, albeit the smallest state. I have been meaning to try to get in contact with its administrators to talk about the possibility of some premiere events here.

3. marilli

marilli Member

I'm from Connecticut, and i'm trying to get to the 2/12 MSS. I'm not expecting much but it'd be really nice if I could share a ride with someone.

4. Milhau5

Milhau5 Member

I live about a half hour away from the PC, might go if other plans fall through. It's run by the MIT Pokemon League. Their email blast says they're trying to get approved for a MSS in May too, which would be cool since Regionals were taken away from the area.

I thought about going to the CT MSS, but a 2-hour drive out to a lower stakes regional on a Sunday doesn't sound worth it to me.

Edit: This is what the weather will look like Sunday. Not my cup of tea, but if you plan on going down, plan accordingly.
    enfield ct.png

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    marilli likes this.
  5. TheGr8

TheGr8 Member

Hi guys! I'm from the New England area! CT to be exact! Yeah the MSS got postponed due to weather. We lost one of our TO's this year for PCs/MSSes so we are a bit low.

marilli likes this.
  6. blubobebabi

blubobebabi New Member

Sorry if this seems like self promotion, but I made a Facebook group for VGC players in the Northeast region a while ago: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1845293569079615/

It's mostly for posting events and looking for carpools/roommates but can also be used for teambuilding, battling, and trading. Please join if you're interested and post events and stuff you find interesting there!

marilli likes this.
  7. JediR

JediR Member

I am hoping to go to the PC in Cambridge on 3/18, but I am not sure if I will be able to, or if it will be worth it as I am a Senior, is anyone else who is a Senior going?

8. TheGr8

TheGr8 Member

Usually there aren't many seniors who go. So youd get the a decent amount of points when you go.

JediR likes this.
  9. TheGr8

TheGr8 Member

Did any of you come out to the PC last week on 3/19 and our MSS was yesterday the 25th! I'm not sure if I met any of you because I usually don't catch usernames!