Noob looking for training help

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Rickybobby17b, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Rickybobby17b

Rickybobby17b New Member

Hey so I understand the IV's and Ev'S, but once you have bred your pokemon, for me the first one I'm doing is a growlithe that will someday be my Arcanine, with favorable IV'S and nature. Then it's on to EV train using the items and S.O.S. battles, what do you do for the remaining levels? Do you just use a bunch of rare candies to get to a level high enough to get all the moves you want and for growlithe to evolve into Arcanine? Thanks in advance. This is the first time I'm trying to play competative, and it's also the first pokemon game I've played since the mid 90s

2. Eviltwin

Eviltwin New Member

After the EV training, you just really need to level up. Personally, i like to use elite 4 + pokepelago exp-boost. Have atention to the desired moveset, and evolve when it is in your best interest

3. Rickybobby17b

Rickybobby17b New Member

That doesn't effect your Ev'S? If I bring them to elite 4 just to raise levels the Ev'S are unaffected after they're full?

4. JediR

JediR Member

Not if you're already fully EVed

5. Eviltwin

Eviltwin New Member

It is like JediR said, full EV pokemon can't change their EVs in battle.

6. snooze11

snooze11 Member

Also you don't have to be level 100 or level 50 because during tournaments and such they auto level your Pokémon to 50 regardless of current level(obviously your pokemkn go back to their original level after the battle). So as soon as you get the EV and moves you want ect. Your pretty much good to go.

JediR likes this.