Pinned NPA 7 Signups

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Th3O

Th3O New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Xx3O
    Time zone in GMT: +1
    Significant time missed: None
    Your first VGC format: None :V
    Notable results: @Xx3O_
    Why a manager should draft you: I can gibe team sometimes.

2. MasterWizardVGC

MasterWizardVGC Member

Pokemon Showdown username: MasterWizardVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +0
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable results: Top 8 London IC 2018, 2nd Liverpool Regional 2018, 4th Birmingham Regional 2017, Top 16 London Challenge 2018
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm a very active player who wants to help out teammates whether it be with team building or practice matches. I'm a friendly person who likes some good bants. I want to take NPA seriously and give it my all. Also good at clicking buttons.

ApplePie and Therazer456 like this.
  3. sonicherosfan

sonicherosfan Member

Pokemon Showdown username: AceTrainerAlly (sometimes 'sonicherosfan', depending on my mood)
    Time zone in GMT: -8 GMT (I think? I can't do math, but PST)
    Significant time missed: Last weekend of January through the first 2-3 weeks of February. I can make stuff work but between school and work it may be hard to be a bit flexible (but I'm otherwise available)
    Your first VGC format: vgc15 (*technically* 14 if you count the few months of the 15 season before the rule switch I guess?)
    Notable results: I didn't go 0-X at my first PC
    Why a manager should draft you: I've been a casual player/spectator for 3 years now, also I make dang good guacamole.

.....seriously though, even though I can only count on one hand the number of events I've participated in (usually due to availability at the time) I've been playing for a while and try my best to be an active member in the VGC community. I'm a moderator for a few different VGC streamers so I'm always following the metagame. My ideas tend to be a bit, er, "whimsical" (may or may not have spent a while trying to make Decidueye work... whoops) but I'm a hard worker. With some direction I play pretty decently!

Also I'm serious about the guacamole. It's actually really hecking delicious.

included are two images: one of my MS Paint doodle of Cress when I was "jokingly" considering applying, and a more serious SAI doodle to show my dedication to the cause o/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hibiki, Arahpthos, Puddles and 2 others like this.
  4. NintenZero

NintenZero New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: NintenZero
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -5 (EST)
    Significant time missed: Should be nothing.
    Your first VGC format: 2012 (Juniors)
    Notable results: 2nd and 4th in two 2015 regionals (Seniors). Honestly I don't have many good results, I beat Thomas McCready and Toler Webb in 2017 if that helps.
    Why a manager should draft you: Ohio

Daravone likes this.
  5. Zeepel

Zeepel New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Zeepel
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -3
    Significant time missed: N/A

Your first VGC format: 2017 (technically 2018)
    Notable results: Since this is my first format, I just played a couple of tournaments like 2 PC's and a MSS. Made cut on 2 of them
    Why a manager should draft you: I think I'm friendly :) I can speak 2 languages perfectly if translation needed, and this would be such a great experience for me to grow as a player! Thanks for reading :)

6. Mattsby

Mattsby Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Mattsby
    Time zone in GMT: +0
    Significant time missed: Very Unlikely

Your first VGC format: 2012
    Notable results: Day 2 Worlds 2016 (4-3) Day 2 London International 2016/17 (The first one) Birmingham Regionals 2017 Top 8, Played in both World Cup Tournaments for Team UK.
    Countless random event cuts that dont mean much.
    Why a manager should draft you: I've been around for years now but I've always kept my head down and kept mostly to myself. Times are a changing and I want to get more involved with the community and I think playing in NPA would be a huge step in the right direction. I'm flexible and easy to work with (or so I'm told) and on top of all that I'm not a total butthead. Im very proud of my Ledian art and I hope you will be too <3

Ledian paint.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Jhon, EmbC and ApplePie like this.
  7. Viper

Viper Member NPA 6 Champion

Pokemon Showdown username: fegan mox
    Time zone in GMT: +1
    Your first VGC format: VGC 17
    Notable results: Top 8 Bremen Regional 2017, Top 32 London IC 2017
    Why a manager should draft you: idk amk

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Tarot, EmbC, LightCore and 2 others like this.
  8. DeagleBeagle

DeagleBeagle New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: DeagleBeagle
    Time zone in GMT: - 8
    Your first VGC format: 2009 (never got to compete since lottery system though) so really 2010
    Notable results: Top8 in the world in 2010, Won first PC at Fremont in 2017, Top10 Seattle 2017, I have been topcutting for many years
    Why a manager should draft you:
    I am very active in the Pokemon community and have helped a lot of the popular players get started. I blog about Pokemon and upload videos about it. I been involved in competitive Pokemon for a long time and have had successful results. I have always communicated well with my opponents and have not flaked out of battling them. Also I was listed as the top player on my power rankings in 2012 I believe. Vote for Deagle!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Swaggy McBuckets, tlyee and JeanMarc like this.
  9. Braseg_257

Braseg_257 New Member

[​IMG] Pokemon Showdown username: Braseg_257
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +1
    Significant time missed: Probably most of the mornings due to university, but there's always time for the tournament.
    Your first VGC format: 2011
    Notable results: Top 2 and 4 at Rome Regionals (2015 and 2016 respectively), a bunch of won PCs, two MSS top8, 89th in London 2017, 2016 worlds competitor.
    Why a manager should draft you: I want to play so bad this year, so I'm looking for every possible occasion. In addition to this motivation I am experienced in team building, I really like people and talking about the game so I think I could be a nice presence in the chatroom. I use Blaziken, too.

[​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

This Blaziken, but with a Mega Stone.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    SilverJ, Pado, Raider and 1 other person like this.
  10. Milhau5

Milhau5 Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Brickhau5
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -5
    Significant time missed: not available on national holidays, not available March 11-31, 2018
    Your first VGC format: 2010
    Notable results:
    • 6W/2L 21st at 2017/8 Hartford (CT) Regionals
    • 5W/3L 25th at 2013 Foxborough (MA) regionals
    • Consistently floating between 1500-1610 elo in vgc17 if that even counts for anything
    Why a manager should draft you: I take all my matches seriously, but I'm still a fun guy. I like sharing strategies and teaching younger players about mind games. I also started to like playing again recently and I want more chances to get in good matches for Bo3.

Edit 1: better formatting
    Edit 2: MSPaint Drawing of the original BATTLE TOAD!
    Poliwrath.jpg

11. Piotr Kedziora

Piotr Kedziora Member

Pokemon Showdown username: pkfly103
    Time zone in GMT: UGC +0

Your first VGC format: 2015. But 2016 was my first fully experienced format
    Notable results:
    -1st place Bilbao Special event 2017
    -I beat Ray Rizzo on Battle spot once. (It's on his twitch VODs if you don't believe me)
    Why a manager should draft you: For real, I'm pretty serious about improving as a player in VGC. I love the game and I love the community even more. I'd like to be a part of an NPA team because I love discussing team ideas and being a part of a group that shares my love of competing.

Optional - I'm currently standing in line for my flight back from England so I don't have MS Paint right now lol. If you're wondering, I was attending a double MSS weekend in England. I didn't get any CP but I learned a lot of valuable lessons and I can't wait to attend more tournaments. I hope this paints YOU a picture of how dedicated I am to this insane hobby.

Peace <3

Vespero, Pado, riopaser and 2 others like this.
  12. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Mudbae_VGC(Spirit) Member

Pokemon Showdown username: TheMudbae_VGC(I have not currently used this account, but I will definitely be using it for NPA 7 and VGC 2018)
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -8
    Significant time missed: None except for events including Oceania Internationals, and Costa Mesa and Portland Regionals
    Your first VGC format: I started sorta following the scene after Worlds 2015, but my first year actually competing was last year(2017)
    Notable results(I’m in my last year of Seniors):
    2017(1st year) - Worlds Competitor 2017
    Utah Regionals Top 8
    Utah Regional MSS 3rd place
    3 time California MSS 1st place
    April IC(PGL) 10th
    2018 - Anaheim Open Champion
    Vancouver Regionals 2nd place
    San Jose Regionals 5th place
    San Jose Regional MSS 1st place
    Currently 7th in US and Canada CP(12th in the World) with 535/250 CP
    I have earned a stipend towards the Oceania International Championships 2018 and plan on attending(and hopefully winning)

Why a manager should draft you: I love this game and I am really interested in the NPA and competing with amazing players, as well as learning and growing as a player. I will also be putting in a ton of time and effort into practicing this season even if I don’t get drafted because this is my last year in Seniors and I really want to improve and show everyone(including myself) what I am capable of. I also greatly enjoy communicating and sharing ideas with other players, and this would be a wonderful opportunity to do just that.

Limerick not necessary to sign up, but encouraged to spice things up a bit:

The Mudbae packs quite the power
    Do not switch into icicles, pumps, or flower
    And always flee from damn jerks
    So what if this player might have some quirks
    The Mudbae has stamina, and will never cower

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Check out this bad boy!!!.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  13. 2thyfor

2thyfor Member

Pokemon Showdown username: 2thyfor
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -6
    Significant time missed: Just high school/college tests/exams, normal school life. Also some irl events thrown in there, obv.
    Your first VGC format: 2017
    Notable results: Multiple showdown chat tourney wins, 1750 elo on showdown at one point, creator of the Official Texas VGC discord.
    Why a manager should draft you: I love this game and I have a lot of experience in 17', also know a lot of people in the vgc community through many discords, I can provide great feedback when helping other players on the team and I would love to grow with the team.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Attached Files:

14. Tarot

Tarot New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: AnielloScyIuliano
    Time zone in GMT: Italy, thus it should be gmt +1 or +2
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: 2015
    Notable results: won a couple of PCs and Sanvy thinks I would be good if I had any will to travel for playing in real-life tournaments
    Why a manager should draft you: I was one of the Italian guys who made Italian insults an international VGC meme (ask Cybertron or Hibiki)

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: I drew two because I find them more iconic together

Attached Files:

15. Dr Sugus

Dr Sugus New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Dr Sugus
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +1
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: VGC2010
    Notable results: Lyon National 2010 Top4, Worlds 2010 competitor, Worlds 2016 competitor, many PC 1st places, Milan Regional 2015 2nd place, Innsbruck Regional 2016 top4, London International 2016 Day 2 competitor
    Why a manager should draft you: I think i am an experienced player with solid teambuilding skills. That should help me to perform in this tournament but also might be usefull to help teammates.

16. exraider4

exraider4 New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: megagenvgc, farmer sam
    Time zone in GMT: -5
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable results: I qualified for worlds in 2016 as a senior, and have gotten high PS ladder numerous times (1700+ in 2017 twice, and 1800+ in 2016 4 times.)

Why a manager should draft you: I can bring a positive atmosphere to the team, but also am looking to improve my skills with group work, and helping to incorporate other ideas. Otherwise, I am also looking to make new friends in the community.

Attached Files:

17. Avos

Avos Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Avos5, mariachimallards, i guess photiostheblind before i tanked that alt lmao
    Time zone in GMT: -8 (PST)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) n/a
    Your first VGC format: VGC 14. OU/UU prior
    Notable results:
    -T32 KC regs 14. i was on stream r1 if thats cool. its on youtube somewhere
    -THAT ONE TIME I DIDNT GET A BRICK FOR T4 AT STL
    -T32 at Portland 17. got haxxed by alberto lara R1 on stream with his -2 out of terrain lele critting my k9 to not proc my berry. 0 CP.
    -117th at the Anaheim open of 313. i took a game off SCAR with a really dumb scizor team at anaheim, look i went 4-4, but it was a scizor team and i beat mellow that day.
    -bubbled T32 at San Jose. i went 5-3 for a whopping 0 CP just like josh mechan, alex din, kimo and THE ray rizzo. i was alex din's pair down in r6 and beat him if thats notable.
    -49th of 130 at Salt Lake 17. but i looked DAMN cute in my hat in the VIP section.
    -Lost in the finals of a PC in KC to Dawoblefet vgc16 while i was using Lopunny.
    -Won a PC in KC vgc16 using Lopunny.
    -T8 NorCal MSS i had to beat kimo's brother AND kamz. plus i let gengarboi use my charger. i lost to kimo in top cut then he lost to zheng immediately after. what a waste, i wanted that stupid bear statue.

Why a manager should draft you:
    im great value for the (at most) minimum bid you'll spend on me.
    I have LOTS of plant facts
    plus, im actually pretty good when you dont let me use teams of my own making. (pic is very related)
    scizor.jpg

123e45, Temple and DaWoblefet like this.
  18. Ewokpadawan

Ewokpadawan New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Ewokpadawan
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -6
    Significant time missed: --
    Your first VGC format: 15
    Notable results: Top 4 Mexico regional 2016 season, 4-3 Day 2 Worlds 2016 (43th),
    Why a manager should draft you: dedicating a lot of free time to VGC18 , so I hope to help out my whole team.

Hunter Walls, ApplePie and LightCore like this.
  19. Synchr0sk1ll

Synchr0sk1ll New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Synchr0sk1ll
    Time zone in GMT:
    GMT -3
    Significant time missed: --
    Your first VGC format: VGC'14
    Notable results: Top 8 PC in 2014, Top16 Pokémon Day Chile 2015 +200 players, 1st Place "local regional" tournament 2016,
    Why a manager should draft you: I play VGC around 4 years, and VGC'15 is my best format, i think VGC'18 can be really similar to VGC'15.I am a person with great sense of companionship.

Attached Files:

20. Methods

Methods New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: xMethods
    Time zone in GMT: whatever new york is
    Significant time missed: work weekends

Your first VGC format: 17
    Notable results: top8 at 100 man MSS (NJ)

Why a manager should draft you: cause im good at the game

LightCore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.