Pinned NPA 7 Signups

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiVer

RiVer New Member

Showdown Name: ROS-RiVer
    Time zone in GMT: +1
    Significant time missed: Just new years, but i doubt that's notable.
    Your first VGC format: 2015, though to be fair i only played 1 tournament in '15
    Notable results: Multiple top cuts at Dutch MSS' in '17, 5-4 at the 2017 London International Championship
    Why a manager should draft you:
    I consider myself to be a good team builder, can communicate and help out others and i am extremely motivated to prove myself as a relatively new VGC player. Also once you see my drawing you know it can only go uphill from there.
    Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:
    Yeah so this is my artistic skills at it's peak, and since you can probably not even tell what it's meant to be, it's Sableye.

Attached Files:

Bennbuild likes this.
  2. All_Next

All_Next New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Allnext
    Time zone in GMT: +1 (Italy)
    Significant time missed: None besides regular sleep time

Your first VGC format: 2015 (online), post world 2017 (real life)
    Notable results: Top 128 London internat 2017 (only real event i did), online i managed to reach top 100 on SD/BS and IC ladders
    Why a manager should draft you: None actually, i mean there are plenty of better player here, still i have my strong points, i have a good amount of creativity while building (i prefer an antimeta style) and a LOT of time to practice, both alone and with ipotheticals companions that i'll gladly help both for testing and building however i can, also, well, i'm cheap :v

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: Untitled A.png (I play better than how i draw)

3. NateTheDyno

NateTheDyno New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: NateTheDyno
    Time zone in GMT: GMT: -8
    Significant time missed: 7am-4pm gmt-8 weekdays

Your first VGC format: 2017
    Notable results: 3rd San Jose Regionals 2017(Seniors), t8 Seattle Regionals 2017, 2017 D2 worlds.
    Why a manager should draft you: Because I try my hardest and put much effort into this game. Also because I just want to learn and adapt as the season goes on and I progress through these games.

Thank you :)

4. Chance Alexander

Chance Alexander Member

League of Legends Summoner Name: Chänce
    Time zone in GMT: Google tells me I'm 5 hours behind GMT, so I'm in Eastern time zone
    Significant time missed:
    I'm on Summoner's Rift every day baby
    When you started playing league of legends:
    Near the end of season 5
    Notable results: Currently chilling in Diamond 5 and I jungle for my university team
    Why a manager should draft you: please flipping don't. I hate pokemon now

JHufself, Pat Ball, Temple and 2 others like this.
  5. pikachu1393

pikachu1393 New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: pikachu1393
    Time zone in GMT: GMT-8
    Significant time missed: Probably only Mondays and Wednesdays for exams
    Your first VGC format: 2013
    Notable results: Placed 23rd at 2017 Anaheim Regionals (first regional btw)
    Why a manager should draft you: I'll be a cheap sleeper pick i guess. I have a solid grasp of the 2018 format since its similar to the 2015 format (favorite format). I'll be available to help teambuild and test teams when needed. I'm approachable and open-minded to suggestions. i'm going to be dedicating more time towards live streaming battlespot matches in the near future. Last but not least, I love Pokemon. Thanks for reading and good luck drafting.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. ScotchTapeVGC

ScotchTapeVGC New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: ScotchTapeVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT-8 (Seattle)
    Significant time missed: Nothing at the moment
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2016
    Notable results: Top 16 Vancouver Regionals 2017 (Including win over Ray Rizzo), won post regional premier Challenge undefeated in sets
    In terms of competitive ability, I think that I have become a highly adaptable player. I've learned to quickly assess my opponent's style of play and adjust my thinking and plays to accommodate. Notably, at the San Jose regional championships in 2016 (played in 2017 format) I played against Justin Burns, where I lost G1 convincingly as a result of my reluctance to make predictions but then was able to clutch out G2 and G3 by recognizing his risk free play and punishing. Over my admittedly short VGC experience, I have also become a pretty successful teambuilder. I am enormously proud of the team I brought to the 2017 Vancouver regional tournament and some of the sets I created were used by Demitrios Kaguras (kingdjk) to Top Cut the World Championship Open and place 2nd at the 2017 Vancouver regional.
    If you couldn't already tell from my limited accomplishments and experience, I have a long way to go. For me, participating in NPA would be an opportunity for me to not only gain valuable competitive experience, but also to venture into new facets of the community. I have been fortunate to already come across some of my best friends as a result of VGC and my hope is to continue to expand my horizons and grow as a competitor and member of the VGC Community through the NPA.

Also my favorite Pokemon is Alolan Marowak. I brought it to every tournament I attended for the duration of the 2017 format which was how I developed my affinity for it. Marowak>Arcanine

Attached Files:

7. StarKO

StarKO Active Member

Starko
    Gmt
    Top500 on ps

Platypus, Bennbuild, Vespero and 10 others like this.
  8. Rahxen

Rahxen New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Rahxen
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +1
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.): I will be able to play during the full duration of the tournament
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2017
    Notable results: 1x PC Win, 1x MSS Top 8, 1x PC Top 8
    Why a manager should draft you: I'd say that a manager should draft me because of the way I approach this game, rather than because of my accomplishments.

9. Arch11Heretic

Arch11Heretic New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Arch11Heretic
    Time zone in GMT: GMT
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.): I don't foresee myself missing any of the tournament, but then again nothing is impossible.
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2015
    Notable results: Top 4 Glasgow Regionals, Top 4 and 8 some MSS's, won a few PC's, climbed the showdown ladder occasionally
    Why a manager should draft you: As an unknown I'll be pretty damn cheap, and with my ability to hold my own I'm probably a bargain, even if I might not be one of the best players on the team. I can pull through when I need to however, and I am confident in my abilities to contribute to the team.
    Censored for safe viewing.png

10. Glaceonic

Glaceonic New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: BuyDietCoke
    Time zone in GMT: GMT
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.): I don't foresee myself missing any of the tournament, but then again nothing is impossible.
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2014 (though it was with an in game team)
    Notable results: Top 32 UK nationals 2016, Top 32 Liverpool Regional 2017, Top 16 MSS side event at 2018 IC (miseed registration :'( ), few PC wins and MSS top 8/16, top individual player ICPA 2016/17 season
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm super cheery and positive, never get salty and genuinely enjoy VGC. Haven't had the opportunity to travel to many events but I play a lot online and although I usually bring quirky teams I'm also prepared to learn how to use some more standard stuff. If you want any advice on using hard TR, that's my speciality :p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Porengan

Porengan New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Porengan
    Time zone in GMT: +1
    Your first VGC format: 2012
    Notable results: /
    Why a manager should draft you: /

12. sebixxl

sebixxl New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Sebixxl
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +1
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.): I am always busy - but only really away mid january
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2014
    Notable results: Beating Porengan all the time
    Why a manager should draft you: if you draft nemanja, you should draft me as well - because i beat him all the time

LightCore likes this.
  13. Ralfdude90

Ralfdude90 Member

Pokemon Showdown username: ralfdude90
    Time zone in GMT: gmt-5
    Significant time missed: from January 26 to February 12
    Your first VGC format: VGC14
    Notable results: NPA6 6-2 record
    Why a manager should draft you: touc touc

Sanvy. likes this.
  14. Tikkibikki

Tikkibikki New Member

[​IMG]
    got round to doing my drawing

Donguk Jung likes this.
  15. CharmazurVGC

CharmazurVGC New Member

Pokémon Showdown username:
    CharmazurVGC
    Time zone in GMT:
    GMT-6 (CST)
    Significant time missed:
    December 28 - January 5, and just the schedule of a student
    Your first VGC format:
    Technically late 2015, since that’s when I started casually playing on Showdown. However, Post-Worlds 2016 is when I started going to actual tournaments.
    Notable results:
    10th at Madison 2017 Regionals with Oricorio
    6-3 at NA 2017 Internationals with Oricorio
    5-3 at Fort Wayne 2018 Regionals with Oricorio
    Consistently cutting local Illinois Midseasons with Oricorio
    Being deemed an Honorary Canadian with Oricorio
    Using Oricorio
    Remembering to fill out my teamsheet unlike other Oricorio users
    Remembering to put Z-Crystals on my Pokémon unlike other Oricorio users
    Inventing the slightly famous meme of Crabsol without Oricorio
    Cutting a PC once with a Torkoal & Pelipper team without Oricorio
    You’ll have a great cheerleader, like an Oricorio.
    And I guess also a decent player who could possibly be improving. I’m also a decent teambuilder when I get into the mood, and will gladly try to help with ideas. So yeah, cool. Enjoy my obviously beautiful drawing and have a great day whoever took the time to read my post.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokémon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:
    Oricori- oh wait, Charizard’s kinda my mascot. NPA Charizard Drawing.png

Daravone, Gumi and JeanMarc like this.
  16. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: LegacyVGC
    Time zone in GMT: West Coast (GMT -8)
    Significant time missed: N/A
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable results: Top 4 SoCal Regionals 2015, Worlds Top Cut 2016,
    I was TheLegend05 before there was TheLegend27.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Attached Files:

tlyee and LightCore like this.
  17. lavaburst14

lavaburst14 Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Lavaburst14
    Time zone in GMT: I live in Florida so EDT/EST depending on the time of year(UTC -5)
    Significant time missed: There shouldn't be too much of this unless something life related jumps up and bites me on the nose lul
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2011 was my first regional, but I was kind of a noob back then! xD
    Notable results: 2017/2018 Daytona Beach Florida Regional VGC Masters Top 8, x3 MSS top cuts, and several PC/ local unsantioned tournament wins/top cuts.
    Why a manager should draft you: Any manager who is reading this should know that I'm a very helpful person and love lending a helping hand to anyone on the team. I live for improving my game and improving others so we can grow together as a team. I'm open to learning and new ideas for team building. I might have odd meta choices which leave opponents confused on odd techs, but I only use these picks if they truly work. I'm an active battler and I'm constantly practicing on battlespot, on my stream, against friends, or on showdown. If you draft me you are gaining an asset to your team to enhance your other team players as well as gaining a battler that won't hold back, so watch out because winter is indeed coming and the heat of my battling skills can be quite intense.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: You have been swarmed by the Joltik Queen! Swear your allegiance now or forever be infested...

npatik.png

JediR, Pyreon and Gumi like this.
  18. Duddle

Duddle New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Duddle
    Time zone in GMT: +1h Berlin, Germany
    Significant time missed: exams in late February
    Your first VGC format: 2011 (started to play seriously but werent allowed to play on offline tournaments - vgc17 first year im old enough to be allowed)
    Notable results: 2nd PC,3rd MSS, usually 1550+ showdown, but switched more to BS
    A Manager should draft me because of my past years were i gathered a lot of experience trough multiple VGC formats. Now that im able to participate in offline tournaments (even tho this isnt one lmao)
    im finally able to bundle all of this knowledge into winning tournaments better than ever before and the NPA is the perfect opportunity to show my skills, my competitive mindset and passionate attitude about the game
    and im confident that im able to bring my team the Power to acchive the Title Champion of the NPA 7! ;)
    (btw sry 4 any grammar mistakes not my native language)

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: Magnezone  lmfao.png

19. Mafty Ellin

Mafty Ellin New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Mafty Ellin (Not use for long, but the only serious account with no meme teams)
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +0
    Significant time missed: Available everyday
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2015 (First official tournament in 2016)
    Notable results: top 4 player in ICPA 2016 (VGC 17), Several Regional Top 10 in 2016, Top 64 in Liverpool regional in 2016, win showdown tornament occasionally, qualifier for world championship in 2016
    Why a manager should draft you: I am not the best player of all, but I'm enthusiastic and positive person, putting effort on playing Pokemon, willing to learn and improve.

20. Smith

Smith Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Smith
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -5
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) None
    Your first VGC format: 2011
    Notable results: Not much. Top cut a regional in 2012, 2014 and 2016. I've won sets against a bunch of good players but don't usually do well at tournaments, since for the longest time my mentality was a big problem.
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm one of like three people that play Pokemon and try to be positive / nice to people. I like to think I'm a good person to bounce ideas off of and that I'm worth 3k to have in your chat room. If you don't draft me I won't be offended.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: I don't like drawing but my favorite Pokemon is Bewear

Vespero and LightCore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.