Pinned NPA 7 Signups

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryusei881

Ryusei881 New Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    apayloadinmotion likes this.
  2. Daravone

Daravone New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: SquintyVGC (used to be: lilaznballaboi, alphabetsoupvgc)
    Time zone in GMT: EST -5
    Significant time missed: Maybe for events like Oceania International, Collinsville Regionals, etc
    Your first VGC format: 2012 in juniors but didn't really play after 2012 worlds until the end of 2015 at some pc's
    Notable results:
    Masters:
    • Top 64 Hartford Regional 2017
    • 1st, 1st, 2nd, top 8 mss post worlds 2017
    • Team Canada VGC world cup 2016
    • Currently 17th on North American leaderboard (2nd in Canada) with 260/400 cp
    Seniors
    • Top 8 Worlds Senior 2016
    • Top 16 US Nationals 2016
    • 2nd, 2nd mss 2016
    Juniors
    • 19th Worlds Juniors 2012
    • 2nd Canadian National Juniors 2012
    • 2nd Toronto Regionals Juniors 2012
    Why a manager should draft you: Consistent VGC player, Got 25cp post worlds 2017 with Pyukumuku at 2 pc's lol, Asian, also a Canadian, Most of my locals call me Soup

3. Broda

Broda New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: brodasenpai
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -3
    Significant time missed: I have time to play pretty much 5 hours everyday

Your first VGC format: VGC 15'
    Notable results:
    -Paraguay Special Event runner-up
    -Brasil Internats 65 place
    -6 MSS champion
    -13 Premier Challenge Champion
    Why a manager should draft you: Because I am very responsible and I want to learn more and improve myself, the best way to do that is playing with the best players

4. MissingNoL

MissingNoL Member

Pokemon Showdown username: MissingNoL
    Time zone in GMT: PST (-0800)
    Significant time missed: none
    Your first VGC format: 2014 casually, 2016 seriously
    Notable results: Top 4 curse (Seattle 2016, Salt Lake City 2016, San Jose 2017), Combee Cup Finalist, Top 16 Anaheim Open, Top 8 San Jose 2018
    Why a manager should draft you: Through my job, I have learned how to communicate to and lead a team effectively. I'm not afraid to crack jokes or support others. I also have a wealth of music and food recommendations to offer (ketchup itself is not one, but ketchup on certain foods may be).

[​IMG] stinky

5. Nicholas Bingham

Nicholas Bingham Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Ludicolopatrol
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+10 Australia
    Significant time missed: None whatsoever
    Your first VGC format: VGC14
    Notable results: Top 32 Australian Nationals 2014, Top 16 Australian Nationals 2015, Top 8 Australian Nationals 2016, top cut a regional, won a pc and midseason (meh), Top 16 Perth regionals and SIngapore Open in 17
    Why a manager should draft you: Apparently Australians are good at Pokemon now so that means I am too, did the Top 8 National MAGIKARP thing in 16
    But for real...
    Managed a team in APL (Australia's poor mans version of NPA) so that is experience i guess, get along well with people and make good low quality memes on sketchbook (TRASH TALK POTENTIAL HIGH) , also half decent at Pokemon constantly high ladder i guess is a thing.
    Also got my 8 yr cousin to draw the pic, he's going to be the next picasso

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

6. Robert Collier

Robert Collier New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: RobertVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -5
    Significant time missed: School exams/projects

Your first VGC format: VGC17
    Notable results: Top 4 Florida MSS, 1st Place Florida PC, Currently Top 500 on the Showdown ladder (that probably won't last long), NPA Season 7 Champion ;)
    Why a manager should draft you: I am able to stream games on Showdown and cartridge. Scarf Bulu, gg, wp. Looking to have a good time and play some awesome Pokemon!

7. Cagsy

Cagsy New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: cagsy1
    Time zone in GMT: GMT + 11 (aus)
    Significant time missed: only if my wife says so
    Your first VGC format: 2010
    Notable results: vgc 2010 last 32.
    Why a manager should draft you: i feel that this is my last year of vgc. Was 50 on showdown until a day ago and the rush was brill. That's why i love it. Im 31 next week and will soon be trying to start a family. I have played the game for many years and it has been a big influence in who i am. I would like an opportunity to go with a bang and say good bye to the game i love.

8. Slugmeister

Slugmeister New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Slugmeister/Sammy Slug
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +10?? Melbourne AUS time
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: End of VGC 2015
    Notable results: T16 Sydney Regionals 2017. Slept in and missed Day 2 of Aus Nats one time
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm an Australian that's on at all the wrong times for an Australian. Also being an Australian I know all the memes before they happen. We did Scarf Soak in April. I like team building as well

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Attached Files:

9. 000aj

000aj Well-Known Member

Pokemon Showdown username: 000aj
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+1
    Significant time missed: None
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable results: I used Shedinja once
    Why a manager should draft you: I gained 45 Twitter followers yesterday and got over 8000 likes with a single Tweet.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:
    favourite pokemon.png

10. Kali

Kali Member NPA 6 Champion

Pokemon Showdown username: KaliVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+1 (AUSTRIA)
    Significant time missed: None, except a regular work schedule.
    Your first VGC format: At the end of 2014
    Notable results:
    • Top 4 German Nationals 2016
    • NPA 6 champion (5-2 score)
    • Hugged Wolfe at London Internats 2018, but I missed registration :angry:
    Why a manager should draft you: I disliked 16, I Top4'd a Nationals. I liked 17, I performed terrible and I may dislike this format as well, so you know what that means ;)

I can't draw and I have no access to a Computer for now :c

000aj, AkramNexus, RadiumH3 and 4 others like this.
  11. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Member

Pokemon Showdown username: pac0tac019
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -6 (US Central)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) I work standard business hours (8am - 5pm) M-F, free otherwise
    Your first VGC format: 2014 (first full season was 2015)
    Notable results: 2-time Worlds qualifier (2016 and 2017), 2016 Ft Wayne top 8, 2017 StL top 16, 2017 Madison top 16, 1-1 record (3-3 game record) for US Central in 2017 VGC World Cup (I played in the 2016 format)
    Why a manager should draft you: Having played in the VGC World Cup before I have experience playing in an online team-based tournament. If drafted I plan to actively participate in building/practicing with my team (even if I'm not started).

12. DualistX

DualistX Member Editor

Pokemon Showdown username: DualistX
    Time zone in GMT: Mountain (GMT-7)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) Nah dog, I just work a full time job.
    Your first VGC format: 2015
    Notable results: Ha! I finally won a PC in Arizona a couple months ago.
    Why a manager should draft you: Let's not beat around the bush. I am not your someone you draft for a lot of money. Yet, while I don't compete seriously at real life events, I do still take playing seriously. You'd draft me because:

A) I am as spirited and loyal as it comes. Draft me and you'll have someone who is always there for the team in whatever capacity is needed. Plus I'd be super active in the team chat because I have a lot of time on my hands.
    B) I'm a decent player, and I probably have a decent amount of potential with a bit of real practice from better players. Same goes for team-building. While I may not be able to come up with the best concepts myself, I can help refine.
    C) I watch a lot of VGC, and I can probably help in scouting players/teams/trends/all that good stuff
    D) I can write power rankings on TT with your team at the top. But only once and then the whole list will be wrong. Except for us, of course.

Anyway, while I understand you will have other drafting priorities, I would be super pleased to find my way onto your team. Also there's a Gliscor attached. I drew it for the MBL, but don't take it personal, NPA.

Attached Files:

Kali, apayloadinmotion and JHufself like this.
  13. jordey

jordey New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: jordeyshiro

Time zone in GMT: GMT+10 Australia

Significant time missed: n/a, i don't have a social life

Your first VGC format: VGC '14

Notable results:
    HA HA HA

Why a manager should draft you: I'm Australian, I'll be cheap, I'm motivated to play/learn and want to get involved in the international community. (Dawg pls draft me I love you).

Attached Files:

14. EiMaGiVGC

EiMaGiVGC Member NPA 7 Champion

Pokemon Showdown username: EikeMagi ( testing ) / EiMaGiVGC ( main )
    Time zone in GMT: +8 ( Taiwan/Taipei )
    Significant time missed: Currently none
    Your first VGC format: 17
    Notable results: 19th Liverpool & 19th Singapore( Top 32 )
    Why a manager should draft you:
    I know I start VGC in 17, in fact Leipzig was my first regional, but since then I am constantly improving really fast. I am a physics student, working in theoretical physics, so I consider myself good at logical thinking. I invest a lot of time in Pokemon to make up the fact that I am really new to the scene. I am a decent Perish Trap 18 Player and I can be really funny I think. It would be a pleasure for me to get this opportunity to improve even more and to meet new people since besides the competitive aspect, I met some really cool friends on every regional I went up to now and I think this is great.
    Cheers EiMaGi VGC

Make PerishTrap Great Again !

MakePerishTrapGreatAgain.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    leimin, apayloadinmotion and JHufself like this.
  15. FeintGWP

FeintGWP Member

Pokemon Showdown username: FeintGWP
    Time zone in GMT: GMT-6 (US Central)
    Significant time missed: None outside of Tests/Regionals
    Your first VGC format: VGC 17'
    Notable results:
    -
    Top 64 STL (17)
    - 5 MSS top 8 finishes ( 1 win) ,
    - x-3 in the London Challenge
    - 87/400 with no regional appearances
    Why a manager should draft you: I think I offer a competitive drive that you can't get from other players, I love to have a good time while at the same time being serious when needed. But above all else I like to win. I'm an excellent teammate and friend, and I'm confident that week in and week out I can do whatever is asked of me to get my team the win.

for npa only.png

16. MrGermanpiano

MrGermanpiano New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: MrGermanpiano
    Time zone in GMT:
    GMT/UTC +1
    Significant time missed: nothing known at the moment
    Your first VGC format:
    The very end of VGC 2015
    Notable results: Just played 2 tournaments so far. Best thing is going 4-0 at the beginning of the Bremen regional 2017. Won my matches against Serkan Tas and Yuri Boschetto.
    Why a manager should draft you: Honestly no idea. I am inexperienced, but willing to improve and learn.

17. Jhon

Jhon Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Jhonethan
    Time zone in GMT:
    GMT
    Significant time missed: Assuming I get drafted for spl that would be my priority. Otherwsie none. Please pick me up as cheap sub material.
    Your first VGC format:
    Post worlds '14
    Notable results: Using Memento in nationals final, also getting the worlds paid trip while spending <£100 on travel, accomodation etc.
    Why a manager should draft you: No-one that likes Oddish is a bad person
    [​IMG]

18. tlyee

tlyee Member

Pokemon Showdown username: tlyee
    Time zone in GMT: PST (UTC−8)
    Significant time missed: idk im in college lol sry in advance - ideally nothing besides not being able to play during class (may have a day or two absent due to flying)
    Your first VGC format: vgc 2010 lets GOOOOOOOO #veteranplayer
    Notable results: top 2 at norcal (2012, seniors) + top 4 san jose (2013, seniors) / as of recent I went x-2 at SJ 2017 after minimal practice due to college
    Why a manager should draft you: I really hope that my view of the game isn't bad after playing it for like 7 years lol

on a serious note, I played League at a high elo and I feel as if many of the mindset + attitude + objective views of the game apply to mons, giving a perspective that is outside of the box. the ideas/mentalities that I have presented have been very well-received in the past and have led to success for players. in addition, I have played VGC for a long time so I feel that my experience performing at a relatively high stakes level will allow me to not choke / overthink when I am (hopefully!) playing in an important match such as npa. also, I have been spamming bsd / 18 since the open ended and I feel as if I have gained a good knowledge of the meta / trends throughout the past few months.

i will admit that my motivation has been pretty low since 2013 but having surprisingly decent finishes at the open + SJ and a natl dex format has really reinvigorated my passion for the game. i hope i can express it through the national pokemon association

also let's be honest anyone that's played this game for more than 3 years without quitting is obviously in it for the social aspect LOL- for that reason I hope to create stronger bonds with my fellow members of the community and enjoy pokemon alongside them! I view myself as a very positive and helpful teammate, whether I'm starting or on the bench. i am also really inspried by my friend trey craft's NPA experiences and hope that i get as much out of my season as he did for the past few years <3

as an aside i am a notorious VERY Fast Breeder if we ever happen to play on cart so i can provide mons (maybe if you're nice to me during the season ill continue to provide after npa ends :D :D )

here's my favorite pokemon: verizon wireless if we dont havenet neutrality

[​IMG]

19. NightLight

NightLight Member

Pokemon Showdown username: NightLight26
    Time zone in GMT: GMT-8
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable results: Top 4 senior CP 2017 (North America). Utah Regionals 1st, Oregon Regionals 2nd, Seattle Regionals Top 4. Top 8 NA Internats. I haven't been in masters very long but i managed to go positive at both London, and the large London MSS.
    Why a manager should draft you: NPA 6 was definitely a much needed wake up call for me. I really wasn't as good as I thought I was.. And I redemption for that. I want another shot to show everyone that NPA 6 was just a fluke for me. I feel very confident that if I got drafted again, I wouldn't have a repeat performance. I've noticed alot of improvements in the last 9-10 months, and hope to keep on improving. I'm very good at working in a team environment, and bring a very unique and fun personality to any group i'm apart of:).
    I worked hard @Jio pls forgive me
    [​IMG]

20. TheBlueBunny

TheBlueBunny New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: TheBlueBunny
    Time zone in GMT:
    GMT -7
    Significant time missed:
    None
    Your first VGC format: 2017
    Notable results:
    Top 32 NA Internats; X-2 at a couple regionals
    Why a manager should draft you:
    I was a decent player in my first year and I'm hungry for more success. I would like to work as a group with other players to build teams; I've built all my own teams so far and I think I can come up with interesting ideas. Save your money and take the 3k pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.