Pinned Sample Teams!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiron, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Pyritie

Pyritie Member

I might as well post his here then since I'm not using this team as-is any more. Here's the team I used to come top 4 at a PC a month ago:

[​IMG] Muk-Alola @ Iapapa Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    Level: 50
    EVs: 188 HP / 244 Atk / 44 Def / 20 SpD / 12 Spe (got this from the TT spreads article)
    Careful Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Poison Jab
    - Protect
    - Taunt

[​IMG] Kartana @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Smart Strike
    - Sacred Sword
    - Detect

[​IMG] Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 100 Def / 148 SpD / 4 Spe (credit goes to P3DS)
    Impish Nature
    - Morning Sun
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roar
    - Flare Blitz

[​IMG] Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD (got this from the TT spreads article as well)
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Trick Room

[​IMG] Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpA / 28 SpD (survives porygon-z hyper beam)
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Muddy Water
    - Reflect
    - Moonblast
    - Protect
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Goodra @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Sap Sipper
    EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpA (this one came from TT too)
    Modest Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flamethrower

It started out with wanting to make a team around the "double slug" core of goodra and gastrodon, with nihilego as a third, but as I built around it eventually I dropped the latter two.

I like to play bulky offence since I'm not great at team preview and I want a team where I can switch it around and bulk the hits. Porygon2 seemed like a good fit as trick room is fantastic in this meta and not a whole lot can OHKO p2 -- it's basically my blanket check to a lot of things.

Kartana helps immensely against things this team is weak to and although I've fiddled with other things in its slot, nothing else comes close. It has a focus sash because goodra needs the AV to function, and I like having access to protect.

Goodra itself just soaks up so many special hits and deals good damage back. It can even survive two lele moonblasts most of the time. It's also one of my celesteela and kartana checks, since it can't be hit by leaf blade or leech seed. The moves are mostly for coverage on this team -- goodra has a huge movepool so it can be easily tailored to deal with things you struggle against.

Muk is fantastic in this meta. It survives for a long time and knocks off items and kills tapus. Taunt is for opposing hard trick room, though since my team is so bulky as it is, opposing trick room isn't really a big problem. I also use it to stop things like roar and other status moves.

Arcanine is another celesteela and kartana counter. I like flare blitz over flamethrower because of its higher base power and how it does more damage to things I want to hit with it, like celesteela, tapu lele, and so on. Celesteela likes to get SpD boosts so this helps there too. I really like morning sun on arcanine since it helps it stick around so much longer especially when it's a crucial member of the team and tends to get focused down. Morning sun and sitrus berry help offset the recoil from flare blitz. Will-o-wisp might not make much sense with misty terrain, but I use it a lot in games where tapu fini doesn't have a good matchup, and it's also useful to help against all the physical attackers in this meta.

I wanted a bulky water in the last slot and tapu fini seems to work here. It's easily the most replaceable pokemon on this team though. Reflect helps against the physical attackers this team struggles against, and waterium Z gives it some extra offense so it can't be taken advantage of as easily.

The team served me well but it has its flaws. Garchomp is a problem for this team, as I have no ground resists, and a well-supported one can dispatch most things, especially if porygon2 is taken out early. Opposing muk is another problem, as I have no way to get rid of it quickly and it can knock off the items that my team heavily relies on. I lost in top four to a core of garchomp + gyarados + magnezone, which this team doesn't really have any good way to deal with besides chipping things down.
    I've also since discovered that this team doesn't do well against teams that can boost their attack, like with snorlax or swagger fini.

Jana likes this.
  2. Hamstermania(Koutesh)

Hamstermania(Koutesh) Active Member

Are you still accepting london in international teams? I ran really cool one with Sun and Choice band explosion silvally and I got top 32 there!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Torkoal (F) @ Charcoal
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Eruption
    - Flamethrower
    - Solar Beam
    - Protect

Lilligant @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Sleep Powder
    - After You
    - Protect

Silvally @ Choice Band
    Ability: RKS System
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Fang
    - Double-Edge
    - Explosion
    - Crunch

Oranguru @ Iron Ball
    Ability: Telepathy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Psychic
    - Instruct
    - Trick Room
    - Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 84 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Psychic
    - Moonblast
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Shadow Ball

Kartana @ Life Orb
    EVs: 132 Atk / 124 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Smart Strike
    - Sacred Sword
    - Protect

Mostly you should lead with Liligant + Torkoal , with Tapu Lele and Kartana in the back to finish stuff. Pretty simple , you just do massive damage and kill oponents pokemon fast! Oponent almost always prepares for this lead , so reconsider leading oranguru and silvally and look out for Arcanines and garchomps on opoennts team as opoents like to lead with them!

Second Lead is Oranguru and Silvally with Torkoal In the back and pokemon you think would do best against oposing team , liligant if you are not 100% confident or Tapu Lele / Kartana for some fast late game sweep
    This lead mostly Explosions Turn 1 and oranguru set ups trick room , Killing therats for Oranguru , then you Underspeed everything and kill everything with eruption!

You can lead with different pokemon if you are not confident with matchup (like Tapu lele + Kartana)

[​IMG]
    Torkoal is most important part fo this team , if you lose it too early you might as well lose instantly. Together with oranguru , this pokemon can underspeed everything except for Gigalith or other torkoal and can kill practically everything with charcoal boosted eruptions , including things like marowak-alola and Salamence. Flamethrower on moveset is for wide guard celesteelas and other wide guard users. Solarbeam is for potencial Gastrodons and other water types!
    WIth Liligant , It doesnt KO some stuff , but liligant covers its water resistance well. You can use it as anti weather lead as well , as it underspeed any weather setter! Watch out for pelipper switch ins though , as in most matchups they dont lead imidietelly. Also watch out for Tapu Lele , as it survives your eruptions and kills your torkoal back!

252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Xurkitree in Sun: 187-222 (98.4 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele in Sun: 127-150 (86.9 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela in Sun: 228-270 (111.7 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Salamence in Sun: 170-201 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    +2 252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Alola in Sun: 170-201 (101.7 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    +2 252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp in Sun: 161-189 (87.9 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

[​IMG]
    This pokemon kind of needs torkoal alongside it , but luckily , this team always brings torkoal. This pokemon can suprisingly pick up numerous KOs with its Leaf Storm and can also act as fast sleep inducer. Mostly if oponent leads with something like Arcanine + Tapu Koko , you switch torkoal out of Tapu lele , put Tapu Kokos ally to sleep and then you can leaf storm koko for instant Knock out and psychic its ally , then put its ally to sleep and so on...If you think you can eruption oponents lead , just do it and do massive damage , if you dont kill them , scarf Lele probably finishes them off!

252+ SpA Lilligant Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 138-163 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Lilligant Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 44 SpD Tapu Fini: 168-200 (94.9 - 112.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Lilligant Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 124-147 (67.7 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[​IMG]
    This ape provided torkoal practically twice the damage , with instruct and iron ball , this pokemon was deadly, underspeeding everything was pretty great and the physical bulk allowed to take a lot of hits it wouldnt normally survive. Knock offs were much weaker afterwards , which was important. Psychic was good at chipping damage on oponents and allowing otherwise problematic KOs for torkoal to be actually OHKOs! Not having aditional bulk with sitrus berry was kinda bad in some situacions , but iron ball proved its usefulness against a lot of marowaks I faced , so I dont regret my item choice!

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 135-160 (68.5 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 132-156 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    4 SpA Oranguru Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Nihilego: 78-92 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

[​IMG]
    This pokemon was sick , mostly because of the fact oponents didnt know i had explosion and OHKOing both of oposing pokemon right from the start was exellent! Double-edge provided nice damage if i didnt explode , Crunch was for marowaks that are immune to explosion and Ice Fang was great against garchomps and Salamences! Explosion OHKOs Gyarados after intimidate , which is also sick!

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Silvally Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 169-201 (98.8 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Silvally Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 268-316 (126.4 - 149%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Silvally Explosion vs. 68 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 234-276 (95.9 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Silvally Crunch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Marowak-Alola: 112-132 (67 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Silvally Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 204-244 (111.4 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[​IMG]
    Pokemon that took care of otheriwse problematic pokemon for torkoal and liligant , and did great job at outspeeding things with choice scarf , which was great! This Lele could took araquinids liquidation and nihilegos sludge bomb most of time! While dishing out great damage with psychic or moonblast , or even target oposing pokemon with spread dazzling gleam. Honestly ,I never used shadow ball through the tournament , i wanted to use it for tapu lele match ups , I thought all gyaradoses would have alowaks next to them , ready to switch in (which was only most of the case) So if you are reading this , swap it out for thunderbolt , its just better!

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 204-240 (111.4 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Tapu Lele Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pheromosa: 236-282 (161.6 - 193.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Nihilego in Psychic Terrain: 204-242 (110.2 - 130.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Torkoal in Psychic Terrain: 169-199 (95.4 - 112.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Alola in Psychic Terrain: 153-181 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

[​IMG]
    You would probably say this is leats usefull member in the team , but suprisingly , this pokemon did a large amout of job with its Life Orb leaf blades and smart strikes , it allowed me to get a lots of knock outs on something like porygon2 (Psychic from tapu lele + sacred sword was KO on porygon2 , which was game deciding in some matchups). Also , I EVd myself to take scarfed psychic from tapu lele , so I could attack afterwards and support my team with that massive attack! It also pressured oposing gigalith , which was otherwise problem for my team!

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 132 SpD Kartana in Psychic Terrain: 112-132 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    124 Atk Life Orb Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 127-151 (94 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
    124 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 228 HP / 52 Def Gigalith: 182-218 (96.2 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Sorry for the potencial typing Errors , I was typing really fast , I hope you still understand!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. notSAFE

notSAFE Member

Updating

Kartana @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Smart Strike
    - Sacred Sword
    - Protect

Araquanid @ Mystic Water
    Ability: Water Bubble
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Liquidation
    - Toxic
    - Wide Guard
    - Protect

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Taunt
    - Protect

Muk-Alola @ Iapapa Berry
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Poison Jab
    - Knock Off
    - Imprison
    - Protect

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 92 SpD / 156 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Snarl
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roar

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 20 SpA / 140 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Trick Room
    - Recover
    -Shadow Ball

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Moody
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 HP / 0 SpA / 0 Spe
    - Fake Out
    - Follow Me
    - Endeavor
    - Water Shuriken

Palossand @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Water Compaction
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 244 HP / 20 SpA / 244 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Amnesia
    - Shadow Ball
    - Shore Up

Gigalith @ Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Brave Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Rock Slide
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Heavy Slam

Tapu Koko @ Aguav Berry
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 12 SpA / 100 SpD / 108 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Roost
    - Psych Up

Celesteela @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpA / 64 SpD / 52 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Heavy Slam
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed
    - Flamethrower

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Hyper Beam
    - Ice Beam
    - Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    EVs: 156 HP / 4 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Protect
    - Calm Mind
    - Muddy Water
    - Moonblast

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 4 SpA / 188 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Tri Attack
    - Recover
    - Trick Room

Muk-Alola @ Iapapa Berry
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Poison Jab
    - Knock Off
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Poison Jab
    - Protect

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Aurora Veil
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Protect

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge
    - Extreme Speed
    - Protect

I won't put natures and EV spreads of the following team since people had to pay to get them:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 188 SpA / 4 SpD / 52 Spe
    Calm Nature
    -Calm Mind
    - Muddy Water
    - Moonblast
    - Protect

Kartana @ Assault Vest
    - Smart Strike
    - Leaf Blade
    - Sacred Sword
    - Night Slash

Arcanine @ Iapapa Berry
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extreme Speed
    - Snarl
    - Protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
    Ability: Rough Skin
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Fire Fang
    - Protect

Mandibuzz @ Misty Seed
    Ability: Overcoat
    - Foul Play
    - Roost
    - Tailwind
    - Taunt

Snorlax @ Aguav Berry
    - Recycle
    - Curse
    - Return
    - High Horsepower

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  4. Pyreon

Pyreon Member

I ran a team similar to the one Markus Stadter used in Leipzig for the last 2 months and had good results with it, making the top cut in all 4 events I attended and winning an MSS. I used the same 6 but different sets and spreads. I'm dropping the team now, so I can share the details if you guys think it's relevant.

5. Mr.GX

Mr.GX Well-Known Member

This thread needs to be updated, @Chiron

BaileyGoodstuffs likes this.
  6. Wafflecakes

Wafflecakes New Member

Nice teams!