Seattle Regional Championship Thread! (VGC)

Discussion in 'North America' started by NightLight, Jan 30, 2017.

1. NightLight

NightLight Member

Hey everyone! I'm very excited to be making this post, because the information for the 2017 Seattle Regional Championships are here so soon! Use this thread to find information regarding the tournament, ask questions, setup carpools, anything related to the event!
    General Information
    When: May 27th-28th, 2017.
    Where: Washington State Convention Center. (705 Pike Street, Seattle, WA 98101)
    Entry: $30 for all divisions. Entry fee will be collected on site. (Players must pre-register online using this link)!
    Format: Standard World Championships battle format. For more information on official rules, please visit Pokemon Global Link. Rounds will be bo3, so please bring a fully charged 3ds AND charger so you don't have battery issues throughout the day! Players may also print off a teamsheet prior to check-in, using this link (Not required)!

Schedule:
    (Schedule is subject to change).
    Saturday:
    9:30am - 10:30am check in.
    11am - Start of tournament play
    Side Events - 12:00pm - 8:00pm.
    Sunday (Subject To Change)
    9:00am - Players in top cut report to play
    9:00am - 10:00pm - Premier Challenge Registration
    9:00am - 5:00pm - Side Event Tournaments

Side Events:
    If you're looking for a less competitive environment, or you're looking to rack up some Championship Points from the Premier Challenge, then i recommend checking out the side events!
    Pokken Tournament
    Saturday: 8:00am - 8:00pm - Purchase a $5 bracelet and you can play all day on any of the 10 available systems.
    Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm - 8 person single elimination tournaments, with prize ticket payout. $5 entry.
    (Open Play bracelet $5 to play pick up matches.)
    Video Game Events
    Saturday: 12:00pm - 7:00pm - 8 person single elimination tournaments, with prize ticket payout. Besides Doubles, players may request alternative formats. $5 entry.
    Sunday: 10:00am - Premier Challenge (Standard Rules) Registration closes at 10:00 AM. $10 entry
    Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm - 8 person single elimination tournaments. $5 entry
    Prize Tickets
    Prize tickets can be redeemed for cool Pokemon merchandise at the Prize Booth.
    The standard prizing for an 8 person tournament will be:
    1st Place: 30 tickets
    2nd Place: 20 tickets
    3rd & 4th Place: 10 tickets

Hotel:
    We have a special Group Rate at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, including 25% off parking and free WiFi. Reservations may be made online AT THIS LINK or by calling 1 (888) 233-9527.

Group rate expires April 26th, so reserve now!

Vendor Information
    Are you interested in selling merchandise to a crowd of approximately 1000 Pokemon fans? Please read through the following requirements and apply.
    -Vendors are expected to sell officially licensed Pokemon Merchandise
    -Vendors are expected to be open the duration of the show: 8 AM - 8 PM Saturday, and 8 AM to 4 PM on Sunday
    -Vendors must be properly liscensed to do business in Washington State and the City of Seattle.

(Vendor Application)

GreenGogoatttt and MissingNoL like this.
  2. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Mudbae_VGC(Spirit) Member

K. Thanks for posting this as I plan on competing in Seattle.

NightLight likes this.
  3. NightLight

NightLight Member

No problem! Just wanted to get the word out haha. I hope to see you there :]

4. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Mudbae_VGC(Spirit) Member

Yah. I can't wait.

5. DeagleBeagle

DeagleBeagle New Member

I am looking to room in a hotel with someone going to the Seattle VGC 17 Regionals. Please PM me ASAP on Facebook as Ryan Schambers or here at least. Thank you!

6. VGCsverdrup

VGCsverdrup New Member

Also don't forget to bring a bottle of water, it's easy to get thirsty during the day and you can never guarantee the sanity of the water. That's just me speaking from personal experience