Shiny Koko legal in VGCs?

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by TheChoujinVirus, Mar 26, 2017.

1. TheChoujinVirus

TheChoujinVirus New Member

this is a question that gets me curious as a certain somebody *cough* Verlisify *cough* has made a video claiming that Shiny Tapu Koko isn't legal in VGCs. My curiosity to find out once and for all is if Shiny event Pokemon like the new Tapu Koko is legal to be used in tournaments and such

2. Nazara

Nazara Member

So far, it's legal in Showdown so I assume it is legal in VGC. You'd be stupid to use it though, it's nature locked to be Timid.

3. TheChoujinVirus

but isn't Timid Koko commonly used?

also, huh, didn't know that it's legal on showdown

4. JeanMarc

JeanMarc Active Member

It is not legal, because at the beginning of the season it wasn't, and because of that Shiny Koko is declared as illegal in the rules document, but it will probably be legal once the rules are updated. Until then though, it is in fact considered illegal.

And yes, Timid Koko is probably the most common nature, but people still run other natures, like Modest, or others if they run mixed/physical Koko, no matter how rare it is.

5. TheChoujinVirus

aaah, now that makes sense

6. anti spiral

anti spiral Member

Someone had a Shiny Koko on their team sheet at Portland Regionals and had to lose their first game 0-2. I assume it was just removed from their team after that.

7. Pyreon

Pyreon Member

It is legal in Battle Spot WCS rules, but not in tournaments. Do not use it in live tournaments until the rules are updated accordingly. I suspect they will only be updated after the event is released worldwide.

8. coolerdynastic

coolerdynastic New Member

Shiny Koko isnt legal as of now in VGC despite being a legit mon in Japan because we know TPCi didnt do a good job in updating their rulebook. So for now stick to non shiny Koko until TPCi decided to update their rules.

9. Temple

Temple Member

I'll answer your question directly since I did see the video your referring to. At Portland Regionals, someone lost their event shiny Tapu Koko and got a game loss that round because it wasn't legal in the rules doc. Like everyone says, until the rules doc is updated, its best not to use it at events until it's updated

10. Hamstermania(Koutesh)

Hamstermania(Koutesh) Active Member

they warned us at malmo , I think everyone would apricate if tournament organizators would do such a thing automatically
    http://imgur.com/ZutTFlo

Tamtam and JeanMarc like this.