Trainer Tower Invitational Tiebreakers

Discussion in '2018 Trainer Tower Circuit' started by Bargens, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

Round Start: October 22nd 8am London Time (GMT+1) / 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (GMT+10) / 12am (0:00) Pacific Time (GMT-7) / 3am Eastern Time (GMT-4)

Round End: October 29th 8am London Time (GMT+1) / 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (GMT+10) / 12am (0:00) Pacific Time (GMT-7) / 3am Eastern Time (GMT-4)

Tournament Details
    • VGC Format: VGC18
    • Tournament Format: Best-Of-Three Pools -> Best-Of-Three Top Cut (Top 8)
    • Pools Top Cut: Top 2 players from each pool of 7 players will move on to Top 8
    • Platform: Pokemon Showdown (Cartridge is acceptable if both players agree but Pokemon Showdown takes precedence)
    • Pairings: Pairings cannot be seen on Battlefy but are posted in this thread.
    • Contact: Players are to be contacted through Trainer Tower Forums. Any contact made outside of Trainer Tower Forums will not be considered when looking at activity, so if you're not concerned about activity you may contact wherever.
    • Extensions: Extensions will be granted where possible but please do not rely on this
    Match Reporting

Replays are to be posted in this thread

Prizes

1 $720 USD
    2 $360 USD
    3-4 $140 USD
    5-8 $20 USD

Bracket is here!

Top 8
    Players confirmed for Top 8:
    SimipourVGC
    Shabarai
    YaleVGC
    EmbC
    Mudcrab
    Spurrific
    MasterWizard
    JonoTV

Congratulations for being in the money!

Pool B Tiebreaker
    Alright so you're probably aware that we had a 4-way tie. I don't trust Battlefy's seeding at all, so I did some manual domination matrix seeding, which effectively gives each player a points value that ranks them and is effective resistance. I used this to get the following points, with the order of players what Battlefy presented me with under 'standings.' Uploaded the image here.
    As you can see zwinne had the highest points total, followed by Lore95VGC, Mudcrab and then Spuriffic. This will be how I will seed the tiebreaker. So, the following two sets will determine who will reach Top 8:

zwinne Vs Spurrific
    Lore95VGC Vs MudcrabVGC

EDIT: For clarification, of the two winning players of these sets, the player with the higher resistence will be the 1st seed

Pool C
    Emforbes Vs MasterWizard

Pool D
    JonoTV
    Vs Knappi

2. MudcrabVGC

MudcrabVGC New Member

3. Spurrific

Spurrific Well-Known Member

4. MasterWizardVGC

MasterWizardVGC Member

5. JonoTv