TT Open: Round 1

Discussion in 'Trainer Tower Open' started by AverageJoe, Mar 6, 2018.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Trainer Tower Open has begun! We have 393 players playing in the Trainer Tower Open across the globe, with some highlight matches between successful players already. With qualification into the Trainer Tower Invitational alongside players of the Trainer Tower Circuit, there's a lot on the line for some of these players. The Invitational's prize pool exceeding $1300 USD is surely on the mind of many players who will be competing over the coming weeks.

Tournament Details
    • VGC Format: VGC18
    • Swiss Rounds: 8
    • Tournament Format: Best-Of-Three Swiss; All players 6-2 (2 or fewer losses) after the final round will play in a Best-Of-Three Single Elimination Top Cut
    • Platform: Pokemon Showdown (Cartridge is acceptable if both players agree but Pokemon Showdown takes precedence)
    • Posted Rounds: Each round will be posted on Battlefy at the time specified below.
    • Team Changes: Team submission will exist
    • Contact: Players are to be contacted through Trainer Tower, however Battlefy can be used if contact cannot be made through Trainer Tower to inform your opponent that they must create a Trainer Tower account.

Round Time
    • Round Begins: March 6th (Tuesday) 8am GMT / March 6th (Tuesday) 7pm AEDT / March 6th (Tuesday) 12am PT / March 6th (Tuesday) 3am ET
    • Round Ends: March 12th (Monday) 8am GMT / March 12th (Monday) 7pm AEDT / March 12th (Monday) 12am PT / March 12th (Monday) 3am ET
    The Round will begin on Tuesday and end on Monday, with a 24 hour period dedicated to resolving all round issues. Please ensure that any issues have been brought up with your Flight Leader prior to this time. Flight Leaders are Swanner for Flight 1 and Nightlight26 for Flight 2.

Team Submission
    As Team Submission hasn't been used in a Trainer Tower tournament before, many players have forgotten to submit a team. To avoid unfair advantages or unnecessary game losses, Team Submission will not be active until the second round of swiss. Any player who has not submitted a team by March 13th (Tuesday) at 8am GMT will be immediately issued a round loss. No Pastebin will be opened unless an issue arises where it is necessary to do so, and only BargensVGC will have access to these Pastebins. If a team is submitted after the round starts, it will be valid for the following week and not the current week already in progress. You may submit more than once, with your last submission before cut off being the team you will use.

https://goo.gl/forms/VmprlynklLBcr8z23

Resolving Matches
    • The winner of a match may submit their win on Battlefy
    • Replays are to be saved in case of dispute. You can launch a dispute on Battlefy and PM your flight leader on the Trainer Tower Forums with replays
    • Activity wins will be granted if there is clear activity, otherwise a Best-Of-One Macho Brace Self Destructing Snorlax mirror will decide the winner
    • Extensions of 24 hours may be granted under certain circumstances

Highlight Matches
    • ApplepieVGC (NL) Vs Star Raikou (CA)
    • AlexisVGC (IT) Vs Nails (US)
    • Galactic (US) Vs MrJellyLeggs (GB)
    • JUNIO (JP) Vs Benster (GB)

Pairings
    Please ensure you have read this entire post before going to Battlefy

Flight 1: https://battlefy.com/trainertower/2...f87d/stage/5a9e4d023bb78d037a16387f/bracket/1

Flight 2: https://battlefy.com/trainertower/2...f87d/stage/5a9e4d1faa12dc035bb91b6e/bracket/1

Diogo Machado, Pyreon, Temple and 2 others like this.
  2. Paulo José

Paulo José New Member

I'm CBT Drogth, I'm looking for Glitch, does anyone know how I can get in touch with him?

3. Roxas_Fubuki

Roxas_Fubuki New Member

I'm Karasu, I'm looking for 1179000, does anyone know how I can get in contact with him?

4. mattj

mattj New Member

I’m mattj. I’ve been looking for ByteVGC since Tuesday. They don’t seem to have a TT account and I can’t seem to message them on battlefy...

5. StarChar

StarChar New Member

I messaged my opponent Crispilu using the private chat on Battlefy. They do not have a TT account though that I could find.

6. Frania

Frania Member

i messaged my opp on battlefy, but he hasn't given me a time yet. he isn't on tt also

7. notSAFE

notSAFE Member

Same as everyone elese. I've sent a private message on battlespot to my opponent (ExtremeHD) since I couldn't find him on TT

8. PowerMagno

PowerMagno New Member

I sent here a private message to my opponent but he didn't answer me yet D:

9. megathorn

megathorn New Member

I'm megathorn, I sent a private message to my opponent Rey on battlefy because it seems that there aren't any TT account that matches with that name. He didn't answer yet.

10. Feis

Feis shoutout to all the pear Moderator

My opponent does not have a TT account.

11. chalkey

chalkey New Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this, but I see others posting here so I may as well too. I reached out to my opponent on Trainer Tower via PM, but haven't heard back yet. What is the procedure for if we don't hear back?

12. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

Please add your Flight Leader to the conversation on Trainer Tower. They will make a call regarding activity during the break period between rounds (End of Round 1 -> Round 2 start is a 24 hour period) if the game has not been completed. If your opponent does not have a Trainer Tower Forums Account please tell them through the Battlefy chat to get a Trainer Tower Forums Account that correctly matches the name used to sign up to Battlefy. Battlefy will not be used for activity decisions however if the opponent does not respond on Battlefy to creating a Trainer Tower Forums account they will be awarded a round loss and have until the beginning of the next round to do so. Please contact your Flight Leaders on the Trainer Tower Forums at the start of the weekend so they are aware of the issue.
    Any questions can be left here, I'll be checking daily. Emails are also being sent to whatever email you used for Battlefy and hopefully will clear up some issues.

2thyfor and Mr.GX like this.
  13. 2thyfor

2thyfor Member

I’m 2thyfor. I’ve been looking for Kiyo since Tuesday. I've sent him a message through battle fly and TT forums but no luck so far. Anyone know how I can get in touch with him without those 2 methods?

14. tagmouse27

tagmouse27 New Member

My opponent doesn't have a tt account and isn't responding on battlefy, since its the weekend now do I get an activity win?

15. Knappi

Knappi Member

Contacted my opponent on Battlefy before this Thread existed. He only replied once 3 days ago and I never heard from him again. He also isn't responding on TT.

16. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

Please read the above message I posted. If you have done all of that a call will be made regarding activity.

17. Paulo José

Paulo José New Member

I already sent a message through the batlefly and I did not get an answer, I looked for the nick "glitch" in the pokemon showdown and the account is non existent, the same here in the forum, I do not know how to contact my opponent anymore.

18. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Trying to get with my opponent (Elegyy on Battlefly) I PM'ed my opponent yesterday on battle fly and still waiting for a response.

19. BapeHoodie

BapeHoodie New Member

My opponent has not replied at all within a 4 day time span

Attached Files:

20. jugol

jugol Member

My opponent made an initial contact 3 days ago and I didn't see it, I replied them yesterday and they haven't answered, so I'll post here for visibility

@OnePunchMarshadow