Under the Microscope: Shoma Honami vs Aaron Zheng

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Nihal, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Nihal

Nihal Well-Known Member

2. InfamousChub

InfamousChub New Member

I enjoyed this article, as it allowed me to see some examples of the 'optimal' type of thinking - the analytical processes that should occur within the game. Making the right (optimal) play requires an understanding of your options, in my opinion, and if I cannot identify what my options are (or which ones are 'safe') it is hard to claim victory. I would like to see more types of articles like this step-by-step breakdown of plays to help rookies like me!
    Thanks for the article!

Nihal likes this.
  3. anti spiral

anti spiral Member

Yes this is a great article. I only started playing VGC last year and when I started I found it fairly difficult to find any info about this format. I started running with singles mons in VGC. So the amount of quality articles at the moment is great to see. This is a different style of artcle, helping me get into the mindset of top players and why they make the decisions they do.

Thanks.

InfamousChub and Nihal like this.
  4. Ace Trainer Andrew

Ace Trainer Andrew Member

This was a really great article! I'm sad Aaron lost, but it was great to have a breakdown of each turn and what the logic behind each play was. He does that on Road to Ranked himself, but it was nice to get it for a serious tournament match between two top level players in best of five.

InfamousChub likes this.