VGC 2017 Anaheim Regional Championships(2-18,19)

Discussion in 'North America' started by Mudbae_VGC(Spirit), Jan 30, 2017.

1. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Mudbae_VGC(Spirit) Member

Sup. I am relatively new to the competitive Pokemon community as I did Pokken Tournament last year and this is my first year of VGC. I really love this format and have liked that everyone has started anew. It is definitely a joy as VGC 2016(in my opinion) sucked, which is actually why I didn't start last year. Now since I am going to Anaheim Regionals, I thought it would be nice to know who else is going and also to discuss our thoughts on the metagame leading up to it. Anyway, I would love even people not going to Anaheim to leave their thoughts on the metagame leading up to the event in the comments below. Thanks :)

2. Matt Gomez (Kyappu/Cap')

Matt Gomez (Kyappu/Cap') New Member

Greetings! Matt here! (I'm that kid with the Rotom plush who got 2nd at SJ Regionals)
    I'm going but I'm having a terrible time building a team since I honestly suck at doing so. People have been lending me teams but I haven't been able to cope with them. As I said before I am new to VGC with this being first year and last year of seniors. :/

3. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Nice bruh. I'm who you probably know as That Guy With The Mudbae. Anyway, I kicked Ethan's butt at the Midseason Showdown the other day with an HP Ice Xurkitree(Your Welcome). When I started building teams back at the end of 2014 I was pretty bad too. Now I am a lot better, especially at calcing. I would recommend using Cybertron's Guide to team build. I can also help over discord if you want. This is also my first year competing at non-online events, though I have next year in Seniors also.

4. Matt Gomez (Kyappu/Cap')

Ben destroyed me at the last 2 PCs causing me to get 3rd at both and no points with Koko + Raichu. I'm incredibly triggered by it. I'm glad that he's not running it in Anaheim for now. Speaking of which lets meet up on discord. How exactly do you add friends again?

5. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Oh lol. How many people were there? Also, don't you hate how PC's and Showdown's are bo1. I do at least. Yah that is one less person to beat. Anyway I gotta sleep lol but tomorrow we can chat and add each other on discord. Urgh I am always so tired

6. Matt Gomez (Kyappu/Cap')

5 seniors, a hellload of masters. Here in SoCal we don't have bo1's. We have best of 3's with the Masters

Edski13 likes this.
  7. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Yah. We had 9 players so we didn't get bo3 lol. But I won the Showdown anyway. Ttyl

8. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

i'm definitely going to be there. I've been trying to get into the swing of things, but no success so far, missing top cuts at premiere challenges by one loss every time. I used to be really successful playing at yugioh events, so it's only a matter of time before I'm taking on the top cut. I have a good feeling about this one, though, I'm coming much more prepared than previous events. I'm building a team that will give me the most flexibility possible, with Vikavolt, which I used at the first vgc event I ever went to! I'm super excited about the coming format, and the future of the game.

watch as all this anticipation leads to missing top cut by 3 places

9. MissingNoL

MissingNoL Member

I'll be competing with the rest of NorCal's Finest. Make sure to eat at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles while you can!

tlyee likes this.
  10. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

I'm going to eat so many waffles

11. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Nah I have confidence you will make it. Also, I am running Vikavolt too. What is your spread? I won't use it against you cuz I am in Seniors

12. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

I'm running max hp max spa life orb for the moment, but it's subject to change when I get into some more precise calcs.

13. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Oh nice. I am running a lot of bulk with Iapapa. I really like it so far. It is underrated. I am thinking of testing a AV variant.

14. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

Mine has been filling the role on my team as an offensive trick room abuser, so I have been using it as my late-game win condition to clean up under trick room.

15. Mudbae_VGC(Spirit)

Nice. I feel like sometimes it doesn't have quite the right hp for iapapa. But anyway I am currently testing Specs with Mud Shot, HP Ice, Thunderbolt, and Bug Buzz/Electroweb

16. GayBird

GayBird Active Member

Pheromosa gonna be a thing, I'm a bit worried about having to play against it tbh, with the team I decided on bringing

17. elegyy

elegyy New Member

I for one will be eating at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles

18. MissingNoL

MissingNoL Member

This was last year my dude

ModernGamer likes this.
  19. elegyy

elegyy New Member

Does that mean its too late to eat at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles?