VGC Vets I need your guidance!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Laska, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Paul Laska

Paul Laska New Member

Attention competitive VGC people! I need your guidance!!!

Hey what's up guys I've been lurking awhile. I played the TCG circuit for the past year or so and did a few regionals and all the local stuff and I'm looking into getting into vgc for 2019 as its way cheaper. I picked up a few teams from ppl I know from events and just beat my UsUM game.

I'm gonna get my feet wet this weekend as a smaller event at a local store before the next year starts up. I have a few questions about procedure and getting myself set up for the event.

1. I have the team I'm using in my first purple battle box. Is that where it needs to be? What happens the day of the event to "lock" them in there?

2. I linked my TCPI account with my game via the pokemom-gl.com website. Anything else I need to do?

3. What happens day of the event at the store. Do they load like "the event" into my system? I watched videos and see people have their win loss record for that day separate from anything else.

4. I'm guessing day of I just sit across from my opponent and figure out their trainer name and then select link battle? Or is there a special screen with the event page or something like that.

Been grinding out on showdown alot and messed around on regular sun and moon but never got competitive. Looking forward to a new world.

Anything else logistically I'm missing? Just trying to not be 100% lost that day

Thanks guys for all the help.

2. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

1. Yes! Any battle box is fine. You write down which battle box its in on your team sheet.
    2. I'm assuming you have a POP ID because of TCG so I don't think so
    3. Usually PCs use QR codes which you scan using Live Competition on the main menu of the game
    4. The live competition feature has a 'Find Opponent' screen and you sit across from them

Make sure you have the mega ring and make sure you take extra care when writing your team sheet (can be found here) because any issues with stats, moves, items or even gender can give you a game loss and that pokemon will be removed for the tournament. Other than that you're good to go :)

3. Paul Laska

Paul Laska New Member

On the team sheet I see all the stats (atk spark def spdef etc) is that for Evs or IVs? I'm guessing IVs for hidden power determination?

4. Paul Laska

Paul Laska New Member

Nevermind I read the actual rules.

Thank you sooooo much! Hoping not to look like a stumbling fool. TCG is so easy as there's no technology involved. Just sit in the right seat and do your thing lol