VGC YouTube content you want to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtTehCross, Feb 3, 2018.

1. AtTehCross

AtTehCross Member

So I'm trying to come up with ideas on VGC YouTube content to produce and would like others opinions and feedback. I know that Battle Spot laddering is the most common thing and easiest to produce, but every channel does that as well. Although I think that content is very valuable, I also think other content is necessary to help provide resources to players wanting to improve at the game.

So, my question to you all is what sort of VGC YouTube content do you want to see? With that, what type of VGC YouTube content do you think is lacking and is either needed or very beneficial for players?

My goal is to attempt to produce this type of content as well as a Battle Spot series based on the feedback and opinions I receive. So please, leave your feedback! I'm always looking for ways to help other players improve by providing resources or advice :)

Thanks!

2. BlinkVGC

BlinkVGC Member

I'd like to see some content based on improving game sense and how to better make predictions/plays.

AtTehCross likes this.
  3. Cleffy

Cleffy Member

I'm not sure what kind of videos would help me, but here are some things that I wish I picked up on sooner. I'll try to be brief.

1. Type application- many guides use "type synergy" as a blanket application, but I'd like to see guides look more into how type is used in different playstyles and when it's worth it to load up on types as opposed to diversifying types.

2. Periodic metagame/usage trend analysis- I try to keep up with battlespot, showdown, and tournament usage stats, but it would be nice for someone to summarize some of the key metagame developments from time to time. There are also a lot of people I think that don't know how to navigate usage statistic sites, so it may be good for them too.

3. Dichotomized tier list- Often times I see tier lists group a pokemon's ability to threaten other teams with its splashability on teams. I feel these are two very different concepts in understanding a pokemon's application and its usage which confused me a lot when I was getting into the game.

4. More teambuilding guides and teambuilding sessions- a lot of people I know claim to be bad at teambuilding. I'd really like more general perspectives and insight on that beyond what is already available to expand my understanding on that.

There's a couple of other ideas that I wish got talked about more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

BlinkVGC and AtTehCross like this.