Worlds Qualifications Adjustment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nihal, May 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nihal

Nihal Well-Known Member

So it seems like TPCi has recently adjusted the qualification bar for Worlds for some regions.
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/worlds-qualifications-adjusted-for-2017-season/

Do you think this was too late in the season to encourage more people to try for an invite?
    How does this affect your region, and do you think the new bar is better than the old one?
    What are your thoughts on the issue, and where do you stand in terms of competing for an invite this season?

Mindape likes this.
  2. Jwanie

Jwanie New Member

IMO it is kinda late. As a US Player in Masters though, nothing actually changed for us (yet). I think after they did some research and calculations, TPCi believed that the number of Day 2 invites could possibly be the same or even bigger than Day 1 invites from other regions. Even with 2 Regionals and Internats left for me, I'm not really counting on getting an invite to Worlds. Assuming it's open to the public this year, I'll be going regardless since Anaheim is just a 6 hour drive for me

3. Prof. Almeida

Prof. Almeida Member

I know Europeans who gave up the season halfway through it, and are pretty pissed off because of this adjustment.

4. Tamtam

Tamtam Member

Better late than never! This is a great change and I'm very glad TPCi did this (because for some players, this has reignited their desire to try for Worlds), but I do feel bad for the people who gave up early on in the season...

5. Archimom

Archimom New Member

For Europe and Latin America, they would've needed to change it a pretty long time ago to help, since there's about a 3 month gap between Regionals. Now, each of those regions has only one more Regional, so unless you are pretty close to an invite, you are out of luck. (Not sure what the distribution of MSS and PCs are in those regions - I'm getting my info from the Pokemon.com Regionals page). For my US senior, it means she still will attend the same events we planned on, but she doesn't need to get points at as many of them. (She could potentially qualify without the last MSS, but it is local, and I've committed to helping out!)

6. Keep Yourself Safe (KYS)

Keep Yourself Safe (KYS) Member

Still doesn't help Canada.

Lobster Rolls likes this.
  7. JediR

JediR Member

I have a friend in Seniors who is now gonna try now, so everybody wish him luck, it'll be a rough journey, with a lot of good finishes needed for the route he wants to take, but even so I think he has a chance!

8. Prof. Almeida

Prof. Almeida Member

At least in Brazil, we have a few more PCs and a Special scheduled.